Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2010 3:36:17 PM EDT
Just completed my first lower assembly.  Here are the stats:

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww205/weconway/Guns/PCR_complete_lower_sm.jpg

Daniel Defense M4 lower
DD LPK
Magpul MOE trigger guard
Magpul MOE grip
CavMfg A1 Stock with Fulton Armory Hardware
Fulton Armory buffer assy
Magpul PMAG 20

She's waiting for my Spike's middy upper and DD fixed rear sight, both in the mail.  When Magpul finally releases their middy handguards (ha ha ha), she'll get one of those too.

This is my first AR and first centerfire rifle.  I shot my buddy's homebuilt lower/colt 20" A2 upper just enough to catch the bug and start ordering parts.

The DD trigger group is pretty good.  I'm very happy with it.  Between the MOE grip and shorter A1 stock it mounts and points pretty well.  I'm sure the balance will change significantly when the upper shows up, but as of right now I'm thinking this is going to be a wicked rifle.

This forum has been a huge help for general advice and instructions.  Much thanks to all you who contribute.

I can't wait to hit the range!

William
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm no expert, but I thought it was a pretty good kit.  All the parts looked good and dropped in pretty well.  The only exception was the trigger guard roll pin, which was so tight that I mushroomed it.  I replaced it with an RRA spiral pin, which went in about a million times easier.  I chalk that up to first-timer error, as I didn't grease it or try to crimp it smaller.  If I knew then what I know now, it wouldn't have been an issue.

William
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It Feels great to build your own doesn't it
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Good deal, can't wait to build my first.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good. I just did my first one and my wife is still freaked out that a person can sit in their recliner with a card table in front of them, watch a football game and assemble a gun. I love this platform.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks good. I just did my first one and my wife is still freaked out that a person can sit in their recliner with a card table in front of them, watch a football game and assemble a gun. I love this platform.

Same here. My wife was talking to me while i assembled my lower (first timer) and when i said "done"  she was like "really?,.. thats it?  you should have bought two of those"  

I said, "Well then monday i will go get another lower then.."    im thinking pistol build?  

Brent
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn you're lucky!  Wish my wife would say something like that!  lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damn you're lucky!  Wish my wife would say something like that!  lol

It doesn't happen very often..lol

Brent
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great!

Big +1 on the Daniel Defense / Magpul combo.  Most of my components come from those two.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here. My wife was talking to me while i assembled my lower (first timer) and when i said "done"  she was like "really?,.. thats it?  you should have bought two of those"  

I said, "Well then monday i will go get another lower then.."    im thinking pistol build?  

Brent

build her a pink one. you will reap the fruits of your labor 10 fold.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought my first AR 1 1/2 years ago (Obama craze).  I built my first about 6 months ago.  I'm now working on my third and already have another lower for my fourth build.  

Point is - Don't think you'll be done when you get your upper in.  

ETA:  Congrats on your first!

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top