Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:07:08 PM EDT
The castle nut is not staked from the factory BUT they use loctite... SOB that was a pain. Once I realized I took a lighter to it and it finally came off. One of the threads on the extension tube cross thread to oblivion. Either way I got it off and placed a GG&G single point sling attachment.

Now to the opinion

Gonna build a Spikes lower tonight and I have a RRA LPK and a Spikes LPK. Which do I do? This is my first...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Both kits ate highly recomended by many...do what you want;-)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Both kits ate highly recomended by many...do what you want;-)

Yeah from what I've read is they are pretty comparable. I have a Spikes standard 6 position M4 stock to go on this one.  Also a Magpul ASAP sling plate.  The end of this build will most likely be a Spikes M4 LE 16" upper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Tits:-)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Did not matter, the Spikes had to take downs pins and no pivot pin...RRA it was, and for a first build, went together very nicely.  The hardest part was the Magpul ASAP plate.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Called up Spikes (great CS) and they are sending out a a pivot pen.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top