Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 6:28:29 AM EDT
I've used Jewel, JARD, regular mil-spec (included trigger with LPKs), and now a Giesselle in my OBR for triggers.

I'm trying to put together a less-expensive lower to mate up with my 16" .300 Whisper upper.  This will be mainly for hunting and the occasional longer range (with supersonic rounds, not subsonic) tactical shooting.

Would like to keep my trigger costs under $100 (I've found a $87 price for an RRA 2-stage trigger).

Was wondering what the prevailing wisdom was on this choice.  I've read something somewhere about the pins that come with it are a little oversized (like .156" vs. .154").  Is this true?

Most of the time I use KNS anti-roation trigger pins anyway, so I assume these will work just fine for the RRA trigger and I won't have to worry about the trigger pin size.

Are the RRA triggers a set 3.5 lbs on the pull, or is it 4.5 lbs?

Thanks!

Any other suggestions would be helpful.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Just put one in but have not yet shot the gun.  Perfect fit on the pins.  Eagle Armory has the two stage trigger with lower parts kit for $129 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I like mine RRA 2 stage a lot.  It breaks very well and consistent.  More over they are priced reasonably.  I used mine in a Magpul class last summer without issues.  I probably have 4-5k rounds on mine and nothing has broke.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
RRA break at 4.5 min.  To meat CMP rules on trigger weight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]

I have a few RRA two stage and they work well, very smooth and reliable too along with easy to install.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are the RRA triggers a set 3.5 lbs on the pull, or is it 4.5 lbs?

It depends on the trigger.  I've taken 4 RRA 2-stage triggers and tried them all in the same lower, and the pull weights were quite noticeably different.  I don't have a trigger gauge, but there seemed to be at least a 1-pound spread between them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top