Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2010 7:12:17 PM EDT
Has anyone ever modified the DPMS carbon fiber FF tube by drilling screw holes in the rear so small screws can be threaded into the barrel nut, like the YHM's?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would give Steve at Adco a call he could probaly help you out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting idea.  If it worked, it would be better than using glue.  Let us know if you try it, how you did it, and how it works.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Done it.

For a customer I did that exact mod for his tube.

I installed the barrel nut and marked the holes on the nut at 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30...... Set the barrel nut in a drill press and made four 0.5" deep holes, but I can't remember what size screws I used but then I just tapped and threaded those holes and installed the screws.

It was an easy mod but he wanted me to do it cause he said it made it feel more secure with the bipod attached.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Why did you wait so long between marking each hole? 3 hours seems excessive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL  Ever heard of measure twice, cut once?  He is taking that to the extreme!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Two hours max, according the the manual!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Done it.

For a customer I did that exact mod for his tube.

I installed the barrel nut and marked the holes on the nut at 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30...... Set the barrel nut in a drill press and made four 0.5" deep holes, but I can't remember what size screws I used but then I just tapped and threaded those holes and installed the screws.

It was an easy mod but he wanted me to do it cause he said it made it feel more secure with the bipod attached.

I'm glad it worked.  I may have to try it on a future build.  So he liked it and it feels pretty solid?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top