Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 8:17:35 PM EDT
I’ve got an A2 stock and Bushmaster upper that I want to put to use. I thought I would buy a stripped lower and parts kit to finish putting it together. I have been looking at Tactical Innovations receivers. I have searched for any threads where these receivers were talked about but came up empty. Has anyone used their receivers? Any comments on quality, fit and finish, etc. Especially the T15DBX which is what I am looking at.  

Also are there any advantages or disadvantages with the T15BDX with STBA?
T15BDX with STBA

I've not shot enough for trigger or hammer pin hole wear to be a problem, but evidently some think it is or they wouldn't be making this modifications. Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a T15 lower... fit and finish is great, no complaints.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt256/Furad/ARRATMedium.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I LOVE the captured rear take-down pin detent...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply C-rad. I like the idea of the upper receiver tensioning screw also.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
have built a couple rifles off of them.  theyre good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a pair of T15-BDX  and love them.  I most likely will buy a couple of more for later.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few T-15's, a BDX and a Denny's version.  They all have great finishes, LPK's fit well and they are good fits with various uppers (BCM, Vltor, RRA, Tactical Solutions .22)).  I don't find the need for the tensioning screw, but it would be useful if I had a loose fitting upper.

Occasionally, people have bolt catches that don't fit well on the BDX because of the mag release fence design.  If you get one that doesn't fit well, try a new bolt catch, don't modify the fence.

I don't have the one with the stainless pin inserts and don't really see the need.  Seems like an unnecessary addition, but someone else may find them of benefit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got two.  They are well machined and look supabad when paired with a Vltor MURS upper.

They are GTG, though I don't know that they are truly superior to a standard pattern AR lower.  The tensioning screw is inaccessible once you put the grip on.  If you want to switch uppers at the range, that may be a problem.  I don't believe the Redi-Mag will go on them, if you care about that.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top