Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2010 12:25:50 PM EDT
Has anyone tried one of these from Midwayusa?  Dose it come with a matching bolt.

Stone
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of their .50 Beowulf barrels...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=492079

I haven't shot it yet, but it seems to be very well machined.
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got the phone number from Midwayusa, and they said it was there sister company.  I will try to call them in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I see lots of complants about ar stoner brand products, barrel tool is junk the clips are c products and c products will replace bad ones but the only bad magazines I have ever owned were ar stoners.  Have not heard anything bad about their barrels yet,  I try to avoid products they put their name on.

Snowman357
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a case of the Mondays.
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats a clip?
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 4:27:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whats a clip?

Magazine
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#7]
You never know about a new company.  But everyone has to start somewhere.  I will call them Today and ask them how they cut the lands and groves.

Stone
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 4:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I see lots of complants about ar stoner brand products, barrel tool is junk the clips are c products and c products will replace bad ones but the only bad magazines I have ever owned were ar stoners.  Have not heard anything bad about their barrels yet,  I try to avoid products they put their name on.

Snowman357

Witch barrel tool is junk?
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 4:59:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snowman357

Witchwhich barrel tool is junk?

I've read that this one has a loose fit
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=271183

haven't heard anything about this one yet, but the Midway reviews don't sound promising
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=847759
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You never know about a new company.  But everyone has to start somewhere.  I will call them Today and ask them how they cut the lands and groves.

Stone

The method makes little difference, it's the quality of the job that matters.  I doubt they'll tell you they do a bad job.  AR Stoner probably isn't the one doing the machining anyway.  They probably buy them from a barrel maker and slap their name on it.

Tool cut, button, hammer forging, ECM, etc.  All of these methods produce a fine barrel.  Which one is bad, in your opinion?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a phone call is a bad idea, but if you find the barrels are button rifled, for example, then what?  What would that tell you?
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Stone

Doesn't really sound like a new company to me.

this
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 2:58:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stone

Doesn't really sound like a new company to me.

this

Thanks for the link I called them yesterday.  The barrels are made by wilson or ER shaw.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Both known for HIGH quality.

Like I said, mine appears to be machined well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been wanting one of their hooded front sight gas blocks for a while now but it's on perpetual backorder.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top