Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/20/2010 2:19:35 PM EDT
i don't want the front sight i have back up sights and it's in the way of my scope .

so i cut the front sight off , grinding every thing fine . then i started grinding off the bayonet lug and i noticed there is a hole there !
why would there be a hole there ? do i have to weld it in or will the barrel be tight enough to stop any leaks and i can just fill it for looks ?

is there really a difference in gas blocks ? i mean is it going to be better for the gun to purchase a good one ?

if anyone could post that link to the sticky where some one posted about cutting it down that would be a big help also .
i am still new and this is a big site , finding and remembering every thing is a challenge !!!

thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Its tacked as the "Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions!" at the top in build it yourself section.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The hole was open with the sling "ears" in place.  So no, you do not have to weld it closed.  That hole was made to drill the port for the gas tube.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The hole was open with the sling "ears" in place.  So no, you do not have to weld it closed.  That hole was made to drill the port for the gas tube.

ic , i guess once i grinded every thing off i forgot which acc. was there .then i a little jb weld as fill would be great .  thanks alot

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top