Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2010 12:44:38 PM EDT
I bought a new lower today and it was made by RGuns.  Just checking to see if anyone has ever used them.  The price was good so thought I would try it.  I paid $100 for it out the door.  It is Rguns out of Illinois.  I am putting the LPK in it this evening and should hit the range with it before next weekend.  I am putting a doublestar lightweight kit on it so time will tell how it is going to do.
Link Posted: 2/10/2010 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Jesus christ - someone posts this crap once a week.

Rguns is horrible. I hate them. They screwed me. I would rather never own a gun than own one of their pieces of junk. I hate the people that work there also. They are ALL assholes.

-personal opinion from personal experience- no warrenty expressed or implied.
Link Posted: 2/10/2010 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
R-Guns in Illinois or Texas?
Link Posted: 2/10/2010 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems.  A little tight on the tolerances for some of the roll pins from a DPMS LPK, but fit and finish are good for the price.
Link Posted: 2/10/2010 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I am on the other side of the spectrum.  It may help that my transactions have been in store.  I believe the RGuns lowers are either DPMS with their rollmark,
or possibly Roggio Arsenal.  I have actually bought both and am happy with fit and finish.  Yes, as previous poster said, DPMS kits will fit tight.  Expect to install rear pivot pin
before trigger assembly.  Otherwise, 2 builds (RGuns pistol, Roggio 20") are great.
Link Posted: 2/11/2010 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
R-Guns will provide you with both quality service and parts.  Several years of purchases have brought nothing but top flight products and communication. llc
Link Posted: 2/11/2010 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
R-Guns will provide you with both quality service and parts.  Several years of purchases have brought nothing but top flight products and communication. llc

Link Posted: 2/13/2010 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I just finished my second build using an R-Guns lower. Went together fine. My 6.8 shoots great but I haven't had time to get out and shoot my 458 SOCOM.
Link Posted: 2/13/2010 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#8]
So it looks like the count stands as follows:

Everyone who has actually had and used the lowers has had positive experiences with the hardware and hasn't experienced any downsides to speak of but has first-hand knowledge and experience which says they are good.

And then there a couple of folks with no constructive input other than some clever animated gifs or an emotionally charged personal vendetta against the company personnel, none of whom make any mention of specific problems or deficiencies in the hardware.

Someone want to check my math?  Sounds like the consensus is that they're decent lowers.  How much did you end up paying for it, if you don't mind telling?
Link Posted: 2/13/2010 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I paid 129 at my buddy's shop. He had 2 and I wound up buying both. I now have a spare lower so I guess I HAVE to build another gun. Damn the rotted luck.
Link Posted: 2/13/2010 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So it looks like the count stands as follows:

Everyone who has actually had and used the lowers has had positive experiences with the hardware and hasn't experienced any downsides to speak of but has first-hand knowledge and experience which says they are good.

And then there a couple of folks with no constructive input other than some clever animated gifs or an emotionally charged personal vendetta against the company personnel, none of whom make any mention of specific problems or deficiencies in the hardware.

Someone want to check my math?  Sounds like the consensus is that they're decent lowers.  How much did you end up paying for it, if you don't mind telling?

I do not want a law suit for slander as other members have had from gun dealers and manufactures.  So I try not to expand on shitty experiences.  

ETA I have never heard one singl word about any of their products being bad but if you will search a lot of people say the customer service is terrible of epic proportions.  That is what I hear.  YMMV
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

THIS.  Two different companies, with two very different track records.

R Guns is in Carpentersvill, Illinois, near Elgin and Shaumburg...

RhyphenGuns is in the Dallas area.  This is the vendor that was involved in the now-infamous "Darth Vader" incident at a Houston gun show...
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have never heard one singl word about any of their products being bad but if you will search a lot of people say the customer service is terrible of epic proportions.  That is what I hear.  YMMV
Having customer service reps who are pricks does make it a PITA if you have a problem with the lower or if you need to interact with them for some reason, but since the the OP did ask how the lowers themselves were, it seems like the blue part would be the appropriate response and perhaps the red part as a side note.  It sounds like he bought from a dealer rather than directly from RGuns (R-Guns) too, so that could give him an extra layer of insulation between him and the company should there end up being some sort of manufacturer defect which manifests in a reasonable amount of time.

Quoted:
Quoted:
RhyphenGuns is in the Dallas area.  This is the vendor that was involved in the now-infamous "Darth Vader" incident at a Houston gun show...
I didn't know that.  An update from the OP on this might help clear up the part in red above.  

The one I got is marked "SPORTSWEREUS/RGUNS" and is from IL.  Their lowers are MilSpec and their website claims they are a DoD contractor, FWIW.  I found a lot of info on who does different companies' forgings, but I can't find anything about who does these.
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I was told by a vendor at a gun show last year to stay away from them, that they're not mil-spec
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#14]
My brother has two lowers from the IL Rguns. Didn't know of the one in Texas. Anyway, for what it's worth he mangled the end of a roll pin on his first build as the hole was a bit tight but has experienced no problems with them. Finish is good and matched up well with a DEL-TON upper. Upper and lower are nice and tight with no play.  He lives close so he went to their shop. Said the guy he talked to wasn't overly friendly but wasn't a jackass either. Went in bought the uppers and came back a day later to pick 'em up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The darth vader incident involved the owner of M&A just read about
it a week or so ago. After having problems with their parts. And after a
friend told me about it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2010 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The darth vader incident involved the owner of M&A just read about it a week or so ago. After having problems with their parts. And after a friend told me about it.

My bad!  I got the two mixed up-M&A is definitely NOT the same as R-Guns!

Link Posted: 2/14/2010 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I will tell you guys one thing if you ever walked into there shop you would never and I mean never buy anything from that shop. I live within a few miles of that shop and they will never get a dime of my money!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I have to say this about R-guns..."fuk R-guns", their customer service is horrible. They lie about what is in stock, and tell you your items will be shipped same day, then 2 weeks later you still aren't charged and don't have your items and they then tell you the items not in stock. If you e-mail them to check the status, they reply "shipped" then when you call the next day then try to B/S you and tell you there was a mistake made by the billing girl. Even their secretary thinks the guys at Rguns suck, call and ask her. It is a shame, their prices are good but their customer service is NOT worth the few bucks. So again, I have to say this.,......FUK R-GUNS!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]
^^^ well said, a friend of mine just had more or less the same thing happen to him. Mind you we live right by there shop, he calls asks about a stripped lower they had on sale the girl says yes we have them in stock. He drives over to the shop asks for one and is told out of stock. He then see's the girl he talked to on the phone and tells her I just talked to you 10 mins ago and you said they where in stock WTF? She just says sorry, so he buys one(told they would have 10k of them on Fri) needless to say two weeks later he got a phone saying they are in. LOL  why anyone buys from them is beyond me other than being cheap.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top