Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:46:47 AM EDT
I have a matched upper and lower (stripped) from Red River Tactical.  I want to do a build with it since they are local to me, and I think their logo is cool (hand grenade).  I have built up several AR's from stripped lowers, but have not assembled an upper.

Here's what I already have.

Armalite 16" midlength, M4 stock, post ban muzzle brake, EO Tech on RRA Dominator mount

Armalite M4gery built from a stripped Armalite lower and a "Christmas sale" Armalite upper, Weaver 1.5-4.5x in Larue mount

Sabre 18 inch stainless fluted upper with DD rail fore end on an LAR grizzly lower, Weaver 2.5-10x in Larue mount

Sabre 14.5 inch middy upper on a S&W lower, iron sights

50 Beowulf upper on a TNW billet lower with ACE skeleton stock, Leupold 1.5-4.5x in Larue mount

What should I build on the RR receivers?  I think I have enough 223/5.56 stuff, and the 6.8 doesn't really appeal to me that much. Considering a 458 SOCOM but not sure it will work on a standard upper receiver???

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you've got the 223 barrel lengths and versions covered pretty well, maybe you're missing a long barreled varmint gun.OR you could do a 18"-20" 6.5 grendel.You've got a 50 Beo so doing a 458 is a waste to me.Or a Mark 12 clone, though one of yours is pretty close.How about some pics of the family to help?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
22lr perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I neglected to mention that I have a S&W M&P .22

I've always been interested in the 7.62x39 in an AR, but this does not seem to be very popular at all.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I neglected to mention that I have a S&W M&P .22

I've always been interested in the 7.62x39 in an AR, but this does not seem to be very popular at all.

aaaargh!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I got three little letters for you...........................................SBR

A Mk18 clone to be exact.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top