Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:16:23 AM EDT
I'm finishing up a lower and I would like to know what keeps the buffer retainer pin in place so it pushes down but doesn't come out of its hole. Mine will fit but won't stay- it will come out of the hole. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Your receiver extension tube isn't screwed in far enough.

Press the buffer retainer down into the hole and screw in the receiver extension until it is holding down the buffer retainer but not so tight that it is binding against the center post.  Make sure the buffer retainer can move freely up and down by pressing on the center post.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
It's held in by the receiver extension (buffer tube).

If you are using an A1/A2 extension hold down on the retainer and spring, screw the extension in as far as it will go, over the retainer.

On a carbine extension you'll do the same thing (after putting the takedown spring and detent in).  Screw the extension in until the edge goes over the retainer, but not far enough to hit the retainer's pin.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
AH HA- I see it now- I'm looking at my RRA lower and see what you mean. I feel like a dumb ass!!!  Thank Bill
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#4]
A little out of focus but good enough to illustrate what was mentioned above.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top