Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2009 7:02:39 AM EDT
Hello everybody,

I've reading this site for a while but now I'm gonna start my first build.  I already have a DPMS but it was not a build, I've been really happy with it but have not put it through it's paces.  So what lower do you guys recommend and why?  Is it price, Stag seem to been the lest expensive and minus some boutique brands RRA seem on the higher end of price.  Or is it quality?  Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that is a nice price, might have to buy a few for gp.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
High quality and great customer service as well.  (Read over their forum in the Industry section.  They have been super busy recently, and some folks have had problems, but a phone call will fix everything.  Given a chance they take care of their customers.  IMHO)
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered 4, 3 for me and one for my brother
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up 3 Tactical Innovations lowers and they are awesome.  They come with a couple upgrades that make put them above the others I have tried.  They come with....

- 7075 aluminum (NOT 6061)
- Upper receiver tensioning screw
- Rear pin detent capture screw
- Wire EDM cut magwell
- Multi caliber (can be registered as pistol or rifle)

I assembled 2 lowers last night and they went together flawlessly.  The best part.....they are on sale right now for $99 each.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Haha, I might end up on some list for ordering so many lowers...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for spikes
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought an AGP. It's not in my hands yet, others have theirs and think of it highly. One feature it does have is an externally adjustable trigger screw to take up slack. It does not work through the grip, but just forward behind the trigger guard.

They are currently shipping with pictogram symbols on the safety, and an American flag on the front of the magwell.

The company specializes in automotive parts for turbochargers - getting the CNC right is apparently a no brainer for a crew used to working on 100,000 rpm parts.

Give them a close look.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
surprised no one mentioned Mega yet... Mega I have to say has some of the best looking lowers and uppers for that matter...

Spikes is deffinitly up there, and a great price...

I have an Anvil Arms which is a REALLY nice piece
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 on the Mega
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top