Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:07:27 AM EDT
I have a 10.5" Noveske barrel on a Vltor VIS-2A 10". I don't have enough room to my mount my suppressor when it comes in, it looks to be about .5" short of barrel. I can either cut the VIS rail back .5" or buy a new barrel. Looking for a nice quality barrel that will be just as good or better than my Noveske QCB 10.5". I was considering BCM BFH, BCM SS410, Sadre Defence, and ADCO Custom CM-V. What do you think?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#1]
You need a 9" or 9.5" rail for this to work without buying a longer barrel. A 10" rail is too long for a 10.5" barrel to work due to thread overlap.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You need a 9" or 9.5" rail for this to work without buying a longer barrel. A 10" rail is too long for a 10.5" barrel to work due to thread overlap.

This correct. I would have to replace the whole upper and rail since they are one piece. I don't want to cut a $550 upper. So replacing the barrel is the best option. I just needed to find a barrel that will be equal or better than my Noveske.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This correct. I would have to replace the whole upper and rail since they are one piece. I don't want to cut a $550 upper. So replacing the barrel is the best option. I just needed to find a barrel that will be equal or better than my Noveske.

I would go with the BCM 11.5
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But which one?
I am looking for a barrel for my DD RIS Mk18 rail, and am having a hard time decide which 11.5 to get
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But which one?
I am looking for a barrel for my DD RIS Mk18 rail, and am having a hard time decide which 11.5 to get

Personally I would go with the BFH. I'm not sure what your needs/specs are though.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top