Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 4:09:33 PM EDT
I have a Mega lower that I want to build using an A2 stock does anybody have any suggestions
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
A2 stock essentially is jut an A2 stock... Nothing really special about one from another.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm not sure i understand...
how can there be such big difference in quality with M-4 type stocks and not in an A2 type stock? why wouldn't i want to pick a CMT stock over an olympic arms stock? there are a few components to an A2 stock that i would think QC is important. i only ask because i'm looking to build an A4 at the very least and hopefully a SDM-R, (if i can afford the parts).
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
To my knowledge, there's only one set of specs that anyone builds rifle receiver extensions to.  The A2 stock is basically a fiberglass shell around a foam core with standard buttplate, sling loop and fastener parts.  An adjustable stock, on the other hand, is a much more complex machine, with moving parts, different specs and different materials used by various makers for various versions over the years. To me, an A2 stock is pretty much just an A2 stock, while an M4 stock could be almost anything...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#4]
From experience, I know the Bushmaster and RRA A2 stocks are both OK, with no issues.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#5]
i should have been clearer. sorry guys.

i mean the quality of the machining and the material used for the receiver extension. it seems to be such a big issue with the whole commercial vs. mil-spec debate. are all A2 extensions forged? what about where it threads onto the receiver? are some brands threads stronger then others? what about the hardware on the trap door?

personally i think i'm going to go with a CMT/stag A2 stock, cuz they are pretty reputable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#6]
A2 tubes are all pretty much the same. No such thing as commercial/mil spec with them. Just buy from a reputable dealer and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
The Model 1 A2 stock I saw recently lookd horrible. The flat sides weren't flat at all. It looked very cheaply made.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
cavalry arms. . .theyre really high quality, inexpensive, and ive never heard a complaint about them.  ask around here and you'll see. . . and go check out their website
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]

"The Model 1 A2 stock I saw recently lookd horrible. The flat sides weren't flat at all. It looked very cheaply made."

I agree.
I bought one of those from Model 1.
It was a mistake........
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I think Adco has the RRA A2 buttstocks, I doubt any other brand would be of noticeably higher quality.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
cavalry arms. . .theyre really high quality, inexpensive, and ive never heard a complaint about them.  ask around here and you'll see. . . and go check out their website

The Cavalry Arms stock is A1 type, in length, and the buttpad is not A2 spec. Other than that, the Cavalry Arms buttstock is fine.

i GOT ONE AND UPGRADED THE BUTTSTOK TO A MIL-SPEC BUTTPAD.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#13]
OP, PM me.  I have several A2 stocks that came in Del-ton and MA kits. You can have one for next to nothing plus shipping.  They are nice.  Just your typical A2 stock.  I have them on my varmint ARs and they work just fine.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top