Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2009 9:14:45 AM EDT
I have never owned an AR and have never built one.  I have fired my brothers once.  I have never taken one down.  I dont know the first thing about one other than I want one.  I have been looking at them online for quite some time.  I was going to purchase a complete rifle, but now am leaning to building my own from scratch.  Where can I find the dummies guide to do this and a complete parts list.  I want to build the entire thing from parts.  Everything.  Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]
your in the right place...

Start with the sticky right above the posts:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Have fun!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Well this sght is a good place to start.

I just completed my 4th rifle so it's not all that hard(except gathering the parts.

Look at the tacked build it yourself section for a list of parts and instruction/books on the ar(this is what I did).

With all the options out there deciding what you want is the hardest part.

The general parts list

stripped lower(must buy threw a dealer the rest can be ordered over the net from the advertiser on this sight)
stripped upper
lower parts kit
upper parts kit
buffer parts
butt stock kit
barrel
forend
flash hider

Tools
armour's wrinch
ar gunblocks for vise
torque wrinch
hammer and punches
vise
anti gall grease
patience and time
head space gauges to do final chamber check(go nogo and field gauges)

Have fun
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top