Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2009 1:02:04 PM EDT
going to paint my gun what should i use to degrees it ?what can i use ?i need something i can find around town.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Most economical is hot soapy water.  Repeat. Repeat again. Rinse in hot, hot water.  Rinse again.  Bake at 200 degrees to dry thouroghly.

Other folks have used brake cleaner (chlorine free).  Acetone can be picked up at Lowes, Home depot, Wal-Mart in the paint and finishing sections.

Wharever you use, if you think you've degreased well enough, do it one more time just to be safe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
i think im  going to use the soapy hot water .
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used 70% (min) alcohol before Aluma Hyde II applications with excellant success.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top