Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 11:44:21 AM EDT
I’ve had a Bushmaster pre-ban A2 16” H-BAR carbine, for a while now.  Great rifle, never had a problem with it.  I’ve never really liked the A2 upper receiver.

I’ve caught the rebuild/build fever.  Here’s a few pics of my first Franken-AR.

Upper
Bushmaster 16” H-BAR assembly and BCG from above gun.  Threaded the muzzle and installed a Phantom FS.
DSA flattop upper with DPMS teardrop FA and port cover.
Magpul MOE hand guard in flat dark earth (FDE).
Primary Arms M4 Clone.

Lower
Used, stripped, Olympic Arms rifle lower, purchased at a gun show.
DPMS LPK.
Magpul MOE Mil-Spec 6-position stock and pistol grip in DFE.

Have a new Double Star stripped lower and a LPK ready for assy.  Looking for a 7” DPMS Kitty Kat upper and pistol buffer now for build #2.  Considering building from scratch.

Planing on scratch builds of a longer range 5.56 and either a 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel.

Like I said – Caught the fever.

BTW – what do I do with all these spare parts I’m accumulating?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I know the feeling, just took my newly finished AR to the range yesterday. Quite a good feeling using something I built my self.
I also took my woodless Dane from the CMP that I've had and shot for a couple years, all in all a very good day.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top