Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:10:55 AM EDT
OK Guys,

Somewhere in my 2 car garage is a flyer of a Bolt Catch Roll Pin.  After searching for 30 minutes, I am ready to try and find an equivalent at Home Depot or the local hardware store.  Does anyone have the Length and Diameter, or another way of referencing it (size number, etc) that I could use when at the store?

Pic for reference.  On the white tape.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
   x .093 –– 7/16 x 3/32

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Much!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Are roll pins easy to locate in hardware stores like Home Depot?  I usually keep a few extra small parts on hand but usually have to order them from one of the web sites.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Roll pins are easy.  I found one the right diameter and had to cut a little off in length before I tapped it in. They even have the same finish.   Once in, you cant tell its not one from the parts kit.  

There is a BIC pen spring that can sub for one of the ones in a lower, not sure which one though.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top