Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2009 10:36:34 AM EDT
So, I have switched gas blocks (had to cut the last one off, ha.  Not fun.  Anyway, there is a slight mar in a few spots, not gouges, just some spots where the old gas block was gripping the barrel.  
These spots need to be touched up to match the flat gray Bushy barrel color.  Is there a quick & easy way to do this (the area will not see any future wear, other than maybe some cleaning chemicals)  I really don't want to have to spray and coat this and that and bake it for 24 hrs etc. if i don't have to, but I don't know.  Please educate me.  I've dug through the guides and couldn't seem to find anything.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
No replies?  I had a reputable vendor on this forum tell me this after I called him.  

He has had good luck using charcol grill paint.  He said it's the right color, it's flat, and it's high temp...  sound good?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No replies?  I had a reputable vendor on this forum tell me this after I called him.  

He has had good luck using charcol grill paint.  He said it's the right color, it's flat, and it's high temp...  sound good?

Your question has only been up 3 hours, give people a chance to see your question and reply.

I have done the BBQ Grill Paint, and it looks great!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I took my 870 to a mechanic for some paint work once. Nothing beats powder coating, $45, done in 2 days, and indestructible. I also have used VHT epoxy paint, and a green self etching primer. Both of which held up very well and are very chemical resistant. Everything else (including grill paint) came off with Hopps #9.

I used the VHT over it because it wasn't dark enough. The VHT is a low gloss instead of flat and I found a darker green self etching primer so it may go back.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top