Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 12:14:00 PM EDT
I just installed a Stag Arms LPK into a MEGA gator lower receiver.  Everything went in fine on the install. Safety clicks from safe to fire and back just fine.  Just one problem:  The hammer won't fire/release on "fire".  There is a click but nothing happens.  I know this has probably been discussed elsewhere but can anyone give me some insight.  I thought Stag made good LPKs and Mega lowers were very precise.  Any suggestions, work throughs.?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post some pix of the lower, take a shot of the internals.......you double check to see if you have the springs right?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I will double check the springs before I post photos.  It really has me confounded.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
yes pics would help...my first guess is that the hammer spring is on wrong. if it is on like the picture below shows, it is on wrong.

http://www.kevinholman.com/byor/lower/partsbig.jpg

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it is on like the one in the picture.  How should it go?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't it just a matter of rotating it around so the short closed end of the spring  presses against the "bottle opener" side?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Isn't it just a matter of rotating it around so the short closed end of the spring  presses against the "bottle opener" side?

Yep, take it off and flip it around.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Remove, turn it 180degrees and rotate it so that the round coils lay under the straight wire loop.   If that makes any sense.

The one that is pictured appears to me to be up side down and backwards.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Wouldn't that be the same as rotating it on the the pivot point 18o degrees?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Is this the correct way?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]
OK.  Here is what is happening and I am sure this is my ignorance having never assembled one before:  When I hold down the trigger and cock the hammer then release the hammer the disconnector does not disengage from the hammer.

WHAT IS WRONG?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Springs appear to be correctly placed.  Safety selector working as it should.  Still cant get the disconnector to release.  Could it be something simple like lubrication?  I put none on the trigger group.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Dis you check the disconnector spring to see that it is installed correctly?  It should be inserted into the trigger with the flared end down (going into the recess in the trigger).
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#13]
My Mega would not work with a RRA trigger and hammer. Swapped the RRA hammer for a DPMS hammer and it worked. Tolerance stacking can be a bitch.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top