Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 2:10:08 PM EDT
I just got my Geissele Match Rifle Trigger, Adjustable in from Midway and holly cow what instructions.Never seen on any posts about Geissele about that and the need to have a Quality Trigger Pull Gauge per instructions to set the amount of pull.Now i have to order a guage, anothet week of waiting.This is for my RRA Predator Pursuit that i only shoot benchrest with.
So if anybody else is going to do one ya need a trigger pull gauge!
Here are pics and look at that instruction sheet...heavy man! Two pages....

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I just adjusted mine to the pull that I like.  Never used a gauge.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Also you can use a bathroom scale a coat hanger and a bucket to make your own trigger pull gauge. Probably not as exact as a "quality trigger pull gauge" but at least you wouldn't have to wait a week for the gauge to come in. I like Ryos plan, just adjust it to what feels good, unless it has to meet certain requirements for competition etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered one from Brownells the Lyman Electronic and two day Fed X...So i will just go by feel and put it in tonight then check it later when tool gets here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I got it in.I still want to check the weight when the gauge gets here.I just followed the instructions and the part adjusting the sear was probably the hardest for me but i kept at it and got it.
Its AWESOME! I would say about 95% better then the RRA NM 2 Stage i had.I can really feel the first stage come to a stop, then snap and hammer drops.I have some time in the morning
and am heading to the range to try it out. Cool trigger.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got it in.I still want to check the weight when the gauge gets here.I just followed the instructions and the part adjusting the sear was probably the hardest for me but i kept at it and got it.
Its AWESOME! I would say about 95% better then the RRA NM 2 Stage i had.I can really feel the first stage come to a stop, then snap and hammer drops.I have some time in the morning
and am heading to the range to try it out. Cool trigger.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/texjames/008-29.jpg

Welcome to the fold.  

BTW you can buy this with a close hanger.. and it's cheap.  However it will take forever to arrive due to their shipping method.  I have one for my luggage, but can't see why you could use it for the trigger.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1164
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Postal scale, heavy duty freezer bag, play sand, nylon coated coat hanger.  Weigh sand in bag with wire for the entire weight you want.  Wire through two holes in top of bag where the thick part is so it does not tear through.  Adjust until it breaks to your liking.  Make sure to return scale to who you borrowed it from.  Deny seeing one of the wifes fancy hangers now cut and bent and stuck in bottom of trash can.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to grocery store.  Have them weigh some  cans of soda, or your choice.  Do math.  Use coat hanger and a plastic bag.  Do math.  Make dinner or drink contents.  Much more accurate than the scales in the bathroom.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard of poeple using a coat hanger, baggie and some bullets also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are really giving some creative ideas.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:28:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just adjusted mine to the pull that I like.  Never used a gauge.

I did the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Geez, Walmart sells a fish scale that measures precisely in ounces for $5, a digital for $19.95. Seems easier.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got back from the rifle range and that trigger is awesome.Not only can i feel the 1st stage take up to the 2 stage hold point I can also here it in my A2 Stock.I guess my ear protectors allow the sound from inside the reciever to resonate to my ear.Sweet awesome trigger.This is the trigger to get if anyone needs a good two stage.This Match Rifle is smoooth as silk.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Update; my Lyman elecronic trigger pull gauge came in.It will do a 10 pull average.The Geissele Match Rifle trigger average first stage is 2 lb 0.8 oz , second 3 lb 1.4 oz. The RRA NM 2 stage in my Tactical entry is first stage 3 lb 0.2 oz and second 6 lb 7.5 oz. So thats way differant feel.I like it. Just for fun i measured the Ruger mark 3 target and first is 1 lb 0.2 oz and 4 lb 0.9 oz second stage.
My tuned S&W 686 is 2 lb 3.1 oz final as hard to mesure double action hold point accurately.I have a Bill Springfield coming for the Tactical Entry and will mesure that too when i get it in.
Pic below for photo and not used in my average....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Ya know, I did mine with no attention to the weight of the trigger.  Just put it in and adjusted the sear to accommodate the tolerances in the lower.  Bingo –– best trigger on any of my gunz.

Of course, I understand one would want to know the weight of one's trigger pull if one was competing –– you know, National Match, Internet Keyboard Championship, etc.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ya know, I did mine with no attention to the weight of the trigger.  Just put it in and adjusted the sear to accommodate the tolerances in the lower.  Bingo –– best trigger on any of my gunz.

Of course, I understand one would want to know the weight of one's trigger pull if one was competing –– you know, National Match, Internet Keyboard Championship, etc.

Nice to have a gauge to check my Bill Springfield trigger i got in today to for another rifle. I paid for 4 lb pull and i have7 lb 6 oz. See Bill Springfield Trigger Jobs thread....

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the Match trigger as well, and the Lyman gauge, and my readings were just about the same.  - Phil
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top