Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2009 3:54:37 PM EDT
Anyone have a recent kit arrive? Was it a satin black color or flat?

How long did you have to wait for your complete rifle parts kit?
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about about the color but they are currently shipping kits that were ordered in the first half of March

I canceled mine and bought a kit from J & T in January and another from M & A last week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered April 12th on a kit, called and canceled once in Juneish, and received an email that my order was going to ship about a week ago
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know about about the color but they are currently shipping kits that were ordered in the first half of March

I canceled mine and bought a kit from J & T in January and another from M & A last week.

What is M&A?

How long did it take you to get your J&T kit? Was it satin or matte?

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Took six weeks for the J & T but it sounds like they are getting caught up and have some in stock and ready to ship, the finish is the Teflon type I suppose you could call it satin, definitely not flat.

The M & A I got was a Middy upper and it is the flat black finish. I just wanted a inexpensive plinking gun so I thought I would give them a try, I ordered it last Thursday and it was delivered on Monday
here is their web sight M & A Parts
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been happy with both my J&T and DelTon kits. The only complaints I have for the Delton was the parkerizing of the ejection port cover was kinda flat while the rest of the upper was kinda satiny.

The only complaint I had on the J&T was that the selector switch seemed to have a rough finish.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 2:50:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

mayguns.com have Del-ton kits in stock and they ship the same day payment received. I just got RRA National Match upper from them and before I ordered one I was thinking about buying Del-ton from them. M&A is not manufacturer and they sell kits w/o any logo on them, so you never know who made it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is my A2 Del-Ton upper on a Essential Arms lower with Ace ARFX-E stock. All three match perfectly. The black is flat.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jcpurut/bin/carbine1.jpg

I have an Anvil Arms lower that is a shinier more glossy black. I believe it is the Teflon coating that does it.

I ordered my Del-Ton kit in January and received it 22 week later. I understand that the wait is not nearly as long now.

Jon
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

mayguns.com have Del-ton kits in stock and they ship the same day payment received. I just got RRA National Match upper from them and before I ordered one I was thinking about buying Del-ton from them. M&A is not manufacturer and they sell kits w/o any logo on them, so you never know who made it.

From M & A web sight:

LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool) also manufactures and assembles our Barreled Uppers, utilizing the same stringent guidelines to meet or exceed current Military Specifications. Our receivers are Hard Coat Black Anodized as per Mil-Spec.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I canceled my order.  I placed it in July and they are only processing March's orders right now.  I wouldn't have canceled if I didn't think I could get one elsewhere.  Otherwise, I'd have ridden it out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Ordered my upper assembly June 29th....after a number of emails back and forth (at the end of July) they told me that they were on Feb/Mar orders...doing the math I should see mine by Christmas
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered my M4 kit in mid Jan. and today the status was changed to shipped. thats nine months but whos counting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]
That opening statement on their websight about the recent "surge" causing them to require 3-4 months is the lamest excuse I've seen on ANY parts websight. It came accross as exaggerated and inefficient months ago when their actually was a surge. It should give most folks the distinct impression that they actually keep nothing in stock and only order stuff for you from the manufacturer only as an order arrives. .....A store with nothing but a phone and computer!  Absolutely ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#13]
The last one I ordered (ordered after election day) was 16 weeks. A co-worker just got his after waiting 6 mos. I don't mind waiting for what is probably the best bang for the $ you can get in this particular price range but it is a long time to wait. They are catching up quickly though and lead times will be ever shrinking now. Keep in mind that pre Obauma lead time was a week if what you wanted was in stock and that was most of what they offered. Also keep in mind that when rifle prices soured in the election wake Del-Ton did not raise any prices at all.  

This is a Del-Ton on a Double Star Receiver

This is a Del-Ton on a Del-Ton receiver

ETA: I was not happy with my M&A midi so I sold it to build this one and am getting much better groups (had wild flyers with the M&A) and the Del-Ton BCG was nicer.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#14]
My order from March 19th is for two uppers.  Got some sort of notificiation in an e-mail that one was ready to ship but the other, with a lightweight barrel, was backordered.  Six months and still waiting - good price though.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top