Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2009 10:27:04 AM EDT
So I decided to build one myself.

Ordered up a Spikes lower & LPK and it will be here on wed.

I'm about 99% sure I'm going with a mid length upper from BCM. (I have a carbine already and read so many good things about the middy!)

Received the BCM bcg today in the mail, have a Magpul CTR stock comming. (need to find an extension tube yet)

Haven't decided if I'm going with a rail or regular hand guards yet. Leaning towards a rail.

Have a question on what buffer I should go with though? What works best with the midlength gas tube?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Link Posted: 8/14/2009 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Use an H buffer like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

As my next build will be a 16" mid length, is it ill advised to use a regular carbine buffer with a midlength gas system?
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As my next build will be a 16" mid length, is it ill advised to use a regular carbine buffer with a midlength gas system?

I use an H in mine.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use an H in mine.

Dually noted but that doesn't really answer my question.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use an H in mine.

Dually noted but that doesn't really answer my question.

Lol, while not ill advised most people use an H.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a standard carbine buffer in my middy and an H in my carbine.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Finsihed it up. Not sure about the hand guards yet though.

Spikes Lower and LPK
BCM Midlength Upper
BCM BCG
Troy BUIS
Magpul MOE stock
Cav Arms Hand Guards

Need to start saving some nickles and dimes for an optic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice. It's really up to you on what you on rails.. But a suggestion IMO, it look beautiful as is... does your carbine have a rail? If so, leave this one K.I.S.S. Everyone needs a KISS and that is one fine KISS rifle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice looking middy.  You're using many of the same parts I am for my build.  Waiting on my BCM upper to come.  I'm also trying to decide on handguards or rails.  Some classes I'm wanting to take require a weapon mounted flashlight, so I'm thinking rails.  I'm looking at the Troy MFR 9".  Easy install without removing the barrel nut or FSB.  Again, looks great!
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice stick looks almost like mine.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd throw an Ergo or MOE grip on there next.  Then if you were pondering a rail, why not get the Israeli screw on rails for the stock handguard to leave it a KISS?  Or just roll lots of dimes for an Omega.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice looking. I am going to do a middy build myself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd throw an Ergo or MOE grip on there next.  Then if you were pondering a rail, why not get the Israeli screw on rails for the stock handguard to leave it a KISS?  Or just roll lots of dimes for an Omega.

where can one find these?

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I use a carbine buffer in my middy. No problems. H buffers are for shorter barrels with gas issues, this is closer to a rifle gas system.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd throw an Ergo or MOE grip on there next.  

Go with the MIAD...I love mine!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#16]
You have done very well. I have the same upper, but with the Cav Arms C8 tapered handguards, which I like a lot- they are very solid. Brownell's has them, or you can get them directly from Cav Arms.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

where can one find these?

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=334
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top