Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:58:20 PM EDT
Already ordered my upper/parts/etc for my AR, just don't have my stripped lower yet. I ordered the RRA kit, so everything i have is "RRA" i'm thinking about getting the spikes lower. the thing looks amazing, i just want a tight fit that the RRAs are known for. And as much as i don't want to admit it, i want the colors to match as close as possible, but tight initial fit is my #1 criteria. Are there known interferences between the two? Are the colors off that much? i know i know "a lower is a lower" but we all know sometimes things don't match up like they should.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Really strange you should ask that, I just shot a Spikes Lower with a RRA Upper today. I was looking at it when I read your post.....
The upper and lower fit is about as tight as I care to run one.. The match on mine is about perfect. I can't see any difference even when held up to a light...
I'll have a picture up in the sticky area of the Rimfire and Pistol Caliber section later tonight. I was shooting a 22 conversion.
Check here and beyond, later:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=441890&page=3
Spec

PS: Added a Close Up here: Lighting????? It looks great in person....

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
great news! thank you so much.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Already ordered my upper/parts/etc for my AR, just don't have my stripped lower yet. I ordered the RRA kit, so everything i have is "RRA" i'm thinking about getting the spikes lower. the thing looks amazing, i just want a tight fit that the RRAs are known for. And as much as i don't want to admit it, i want the colors to match as close as possible, but tight initial fit is my #1 criteria. Are there known interferences between the two? Are the colors off that much? i know i know "a lower is a lower" but we all know sometimes things don't match up like they should.

your good to go with rra and spikes. my rra upper fits nice and snug with no wiggle or rattle. like mentioned before, as tight as you would want to. the upper is a varmint 20" so it is nice to get a good fit on a bench rig. $100 on the groop buy.

color is a great match. any difference in look is from the flash. with the eye, it is spot on.

had to put a range pic in.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:07:42 AM EDT
[#4]
threw my buddy's RRA upper onto my spikes lower and fitment wasn't so great, had a slight wobble
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top