Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:39:17 PM EDT
So far I've had him do 3 jobs for me (all 4lb'ers) and I have to say,,,,,,,he is incredible!!!  
I am sending in another two sets of triggers next week to get the 3lb job done on them. I can wait to get them back & see how satisfied I will be.

Anyone else loving their Bill Springfield trigger jobs or just me??

Here is his web-site
http://triggerwork.net/index.html
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I had him do three for me & I'm considering getting rid of my more expensive two stage triggers. It's just hard to believe
what he can do to a standard trigger. I got the 3# triggers & they are excellent.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the 3lb trigger job. Mike
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a 3lb. and a 4lb., and I couldn't be happier with them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
To those that have had him do trigger work, what do you suggest for a SHTF rifle? Three pound or four pound? Also what is the turn around from the time it leaves your door until the time it returns?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/19/2009 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
To those that have had him do trigger work, what do you suggest for a SHTF rifle? Three pound or four pound? Also what is the turn around from the time it leaves your door until the time it returns?
Thanks.  

I think HE suggests the four pound for a "go to" or duty rifle- it's mentioned on his website. It was no more than a week from the day I mailed it to him to the day it was back in my mailbox- via Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation, IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
For those of you with experience with his work.  My trigger (a G.I. trigger from DPMS lower parts kit)  has  a lot of creep.  

Has Bill been able to totally eliminate that for you?  

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For those of you with experience with his work.  My trigger (a G.I. trigger from DPMS lower parts kit)  has  a lot of creep.  

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#8]
How do you contact BIll?  Does everyone call him?  I've tried emailing him 3 times now, and I get no response.  I am looking at getting some triggers done also.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Race car guy...
Just email him - I emailed him late last night - and he emailed me by the time I got up this morning......that's pretty dang quick!
By the sounds of it, I think he does this on the side, (he says to contact him in the evening.)

Make sure you got the email right (and make sure his responses aren't going into your spam filter!)

Good  Luck!
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Race car guy...
Just email him - I emailed him late last night - and he emailed me by the time I got up this morning......that's pretty dang quick!
By the sounds of it, I think he does this on the side, (he says to contact him in the evening.)

Make sure you got the email right (and make sure his responses aren't going into your spam filter!)

Good  Luck!

+1
I e-mailed him, at the e-mail address given on his website, and heard back promptly; I believe I added his e-mail address to my e-mail account's address list, so his message wouldn't get dumped in my spam inbox. You may want to check the spam inbox for your e-mail account.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

100%
Absolutely NO CREEP on my 4#
Feels great!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Non on my 3lb job from him.

Quoted:
Quoted:

100%
Absolutely NO CREEP on my 4#
Feels great!

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]
+3 for Bill Springfield's work.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Bill's web site is http://www.triggerwork.net/
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#16]
What's everyone's take on the "speed hammer" option? Yes or no?
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have it done on my tactical 223 even though its not recomended i have not had any problems but i shoot reloads.Mike

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have it done on my tactical 223 even though its not recomended i have not had any problems but i shoot reloads.Mike

Why is it "not recommended"?

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Bill does not recomend it but i like a nice light trigger on my AR. On all my bolt guns they 2lbs.Read his site.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it "not recommended"?

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Has one trigger done by bill. Definately a best buy option for a single stage trigger improvement.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Bill does not recomend it ...
Actually Bill does recommend clipping hammer tails in certain circumstances. I clip the hammers on mine that I use JP springs. I don't have light strikes with any of my own. I can't honestly tell you that there is a direct correlation but....

Here's a quote from his site.
**Speed hammer modification involves removing the hammer tail and area
is refinished. Professional target shooters appreciate this
modification for its faster primer ignition and its extra insurance for
igniting hard primer military ammunition. I recommend the speed hammer
mod to the rounded  top type front face hammer, the tail on these are
heavy. The nothced versions are lighter.

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Just curious how he eliminates trigger "creep"? Isn't the amount of creep caused by the distance between the rear of the trigger and the selector?
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Never mind, I'll let someone who owns one jump in here.
That way I won't make a fool of myself.

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I sent him my trigger for some work and he got and mailed it the same day.  He is the man
I have Xwolf hammer spring and it feels great for what it is.  I have not measured the lbs gotta be 4.5 or so.

he is great to deal with.

Contact him via email.

BTW

he does take out all the creep out and that is what he gets paid for.
Dont mind paying for quality work and customer service.

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I cant say enough of good things about him. Today I got back another 4# that Mr. Bill Springfield did for me. This one seems super crisp! Not saying the last two werent,,,they were. This one just tickles my fancy for some reason.
I should be getting back (2) two more 3# trigger sets that he worked on. I am hoping they will be here tomorrow.....if not, I will get them on Monday.  
I will give a report of the 3# when i get them back,

This guy really does wonders with these!! I am impressed!
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#26]
As a newbie, I want to send mine to him..... but don't know a thing about taking it apart!  Could I send just the lower?
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
As a newbie, I want to send mine to him..... but don't know a thing about taking it apart!  Could I send just the lower?

I wish I could answer that question for you but I dont know
Email him:  [email protected]
Or call him: 719-648-5725

here is his website:http://triggerwork.net/contactinfo.html
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#28]
There are two pins in your lower holding the trigger and hammer. Push those two pins out, and you're done. Sending a lower (and therefore a firearm) through the mail is too much of a hassle.

ETA: I don't know if he has a FFL or not, if he doesn't, you can't ship your lower to him.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I've read on here someone did send him an entire lower but I dont know if he has an FFL either.
Check out this video (part 2) and see how simple it is to install the trigger. You will be doing the oppisite to remove the trigger.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4KfUaVp8M&feature=related
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just curious how he eliminates trigger "creep"? Isn't the amount of creep caused by the distance between the rear of the trigger and the selector?

He welds up a bead on the bottom of the back of the trigger.

Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I got the 3# trigger jobs from him yesterday. They look sweet!!! I havent had a chance to install them yet.....but I will report back when I do.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#32]
If he can do to an AR-15 what he has done to my HK P30 I would send him a trigger no questions asked.

I just ordered two lower part kits with the 4 pounds trigger for myself.  I trust his work 100%.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#33]
i have a dpms standard trigger that's gonna go into an ar lower for a single shot bolt action .50 bmg upper. What lb job should I get whenever I get ready to send the trigger to him? It'll have a wolff heavy hammer spring.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#34]
does bill install new springs when you send him your fcg? or do you get the same ones you send him?
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
does bill install new springs when you send him your fcg? or do you get the same ones you send him?

I know he replaces the springs for the 3# trigger & he'll send the old ones back to you. I can't say about the 4# trigger.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know he replaces the springs for the 3# trigger & he'll send the old ones back to you. I can't say about the 4# trigger.

For the 4 lb., you send him the springs.  He does his work and sends them back.

Excellent FCG for $69.  (RRA FCG = $34, his work is $35)
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:36:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've read on here someone did send him an entire lower but I dont know if he has an FFL either.
Check out this video (part 2) and see how simple it is to install the trigger. You will be doing the oppisite to remove the trigger.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4KfUaVp8M&feature=related

Great thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#38]
More of the same!  I ordered an LPK with the 3# trigger.  Feels at least as good as the Timney in my other lower.  In addition, I ordered it this weekend and had the package in the mail this Wednesday.  Can't ask for more than that!
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I got back (2) 3# trigger jobs a few weeks ago. I am going to install them this weekend and let ya'll know how I like em.
I know the 4# is pretty sweet for a stock trigger. I highly recommend the 4# as a duty rifle, if thats what anyone intends on using it for. I took that advice from Bill......and he was correct!
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Everyone is giving this guy good reviews but he won't answer my emails..... I'm not going to just mail him a trigger if I don't even know if he is still in business....
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Everyone is giving this guy good reviews but he won't answer my emails..... I'm not going to just mail him a trigger if I don't even know if he is still in business....

I think you are being a bit unreasonable.  Pick-up the phone and call him.  Sometimes e-mails can get trapped in a spam folder depending on your IP.  The guy is obviously in business because all the people here are applauding his work and prompt service.  My fellow AR15.com members are good enough references for me.  I'm sending a spare FCG I have to him ASAP.

Jim
St. Louis, MO
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I sent him several emails too and he did not answer, so I called him and he picked up almost instantly. I just think he is more of a phone guy or has trouble with emails. Call him and he will be more than happy to help you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I just spoke to him on the phone. He's always answers his phone when you call. He's a few days behind because of all the good reviews but he's still getting them out very quickly.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#44]
I just sent a trigger group in for him to work his 4 lb. magic on. I'll report back when I get it from him.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I never emailed him but he has always answered the phone.  Just got the mail today with a LPK with his trigger work done on it.  

BTW...he is an FFL so you can send a lower in.  XCR peeps have to do this since he doesn't have a jig set up like he does for AR's.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are being a bit unreasonable.  Pick-up the phone and call him.  Sometimes e-mails can get trapped in a spam folder depending on your IP.  The guy is obviously in business because all the people here are applauding his work and prompt service.  My fellow AR15.com members are good enough references for me.  I'm sending a spare FCG I have to him ASAP.

Jim
St. Louis, MO

I don't think you understand that I was using hyperbole.  I don't really think he is out of business but when a person lists their email and does not answer them... well I don't know if they are out of town for a month, in the hospital, whatever and I'm not just going to mail my parts if someone can't hit reply.  I have never had anyone see my emails be caught in their spam folder, and I email many people on comcast email.

I will assume he is very busy and yes then that shows he does a good job, I will give him a call as you guys say.  All I wanted was just a quick confirmation of my order before I sent something, nothing outrageous.  

People above mention that he is more of a phone guy and that is understandable for older generations, being 27 and an engineer Its tough for me to imagine owning a business and not checking the emails multiple times a day if I owned a business.    

I will call him tomorrow, now my only question is whether I send two triggers or three.... one is for a 9mm AR pistol.... 4lbs I imagine would not be too light.... After installing a 1.5lb trigger on my 24" Bull Stainless Barrel AR, the stock trigger on two of my AR's is painfully bad.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone had an SKS trigger done by him?
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone had an SKS trigger done by him?

You might get that SKS from minute of watermelon down to minute of cantelope.

Just kidding, never shot an SKS just going off the steroetype.  I wouldn't mind one since you can beat the hell out of it, not sure if its as reliable as an AK though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#49]
I just recieved my trigger yesterday. Shipped it out on Friday of last week from Ohio, returned it by Wednesday of next week. Very clean and crisp. Call him first. He picks up on first or second ring. You need not fear any transaction with this man. He even accepts personal checks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jim
St. Louis, MO

I don't think you understand that I was using hyperbole.  I don't really think he is out of business but when a person lists their email and does not answer them... well I don't know if they are out of town for a month, in the hospital, whatever and I'm not just going to mail my parts if someone can't hit reply.  I have never had anyone see my emails be caught in their spam folder, and I email many people on comcast email.

I will assume he is very busy and yes then that shows he does a good job, I will give him a call as you guys say.  All I wanted was just a quick confirmation of my order before I sent something, nothing outrageous.  

People above mention that he is more of a phone guy and that is understandable for older generations, being 27 and an engineer Its tough for me to imagine owning a business and not checking the emails multiple times a day if I owned a business.    

I will call him tomorrow, now my only question is whether I send two triggers or three.... one is for a 9mm AR pistol.... 4lbs I imagine would not be too light.... After installing a 1.5lb trigger on my 24" Bull Stainless Barrel AR, the stock trigger on two of my AR's is painfully bad.

I have e-mailed him several times and always got a reply. I have used his services 3 different times and have been very pleased with is work.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top