Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 2:13:44 PM EDT
I am considering the LaRue mount (or GG&G), but have a few questions for which I can find answers elsewhere.  The unit I am looking at is the LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104.

1)  What is the height of the scope centerline above the AR15 flat top rail?  I am using a 30mm scope tube.  I am looking for something between 1.3" and 1.4", no higher.  

2)  Does the mount need lapping to prevent (or reduce) scope ring marring and assure proper scope seating?  I would use the Kokopelli Products kit for this, if needed.

3)  Will this mount fit an AR10.  I presume so, but asking in case there is a problem.  The mount will also go on multiple AR15s.  

- Phil
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
1)  1.5", but the LT-158 might be a better option for you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
2) I have the (2) LT-158's and I did not lap either of them.  I have not had any problems.  If you wanted to lap I don't think it would hurt, but I don't think it is required.

3) I don't see why it wouldn't fit an AR-10.  I do not own one, but it was my understanding that they used milspec picatinny rails just like an AR-15.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Based on what it says here, I would assume the CL of the LT-104 is 1.58" above the rail.  I am using the LT-104 (30mm rings, unlapped) on a LAR-8, which is an AR-10 variant.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top