Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:00:18 AM EDT
I am building an AR and have a Noveske 16 inch barrel and a Vltor MUR Upper that I recently purchased.  I am trying to build a Noveske upper the same as it would come from the factory.  Since Noveske uses the Vltor MUR, that was an easy choice.  I am stuck on the BCG.  Does Noveske make it or do they use another manufacturer like they do with the Vltor Upper?  I have never seen a Noveske BCG for sale.

Thanks
jeff
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe they use CMT's.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
CMT I believe. Noveske makes very little on their ARs other than the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
CMT I believe. Noveske makes very little on their ARs other than the barrel.

Technically, he doesn't "make" the barrels either, he turns blanks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've heard this as well though cant confirm it. I dunno if anyone here will actually be able to provide any sort of proof.

I'd say either go with CMT or any of the other highly regarded manufacturers of BCGs (LMT, BCM, maybe Young...). Once you reach a certain level of quality parts are parts, IMO - though I understand the urge to get as close as possible to a real noveske built upper.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard this as well though cant confirm it. I dunno if anyone here will actually be able to provide any sort of proof.

I'd say either go with CMT or any of the other highly regarded manufacturers of BCGs (LMT, BCM, maybe Young...). Once you reach a certain level of quality parts are parts, IMO - though I understand the urge to get as close as possible to a real noveske built upper.

That makes sense.  I guess when you are talking about LMT, BCM, Colt, etc. you are just splitting hairs.  I actually have a LMT S/A BCG that I just bought.  I was going to keep it as a back-up for my Colt 6920 I just purchased or the Noveske build I am putting together.  Maybe I will just put it in the Noveske build and grab another BCG when I see a good price.

So, I have the LMT BCG,  Noveske Barrel, Vltor Upper Receiver, Stag Lower and LPK, LMT charging handle and a grip from Magpul.  I still need front rails (Daniel Defense), flash hider, stock (probably Magpul), BUIS (Troy).....and I can put on a sight later.  Am I missing anything?  Any suggestions compared to what I think I may buy?

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
good choice, just dont freaking loctite everything like noveske does, its so annoying!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes sense.  I guess when you are talking about LMT, BCM, Colt, etc. you are just splitting hairs.  I actually have a LMT S/A BCG that I just bought.  I was going to keep it as a back-up for my Colt 6920 I just purchased or the Noveske build I am putting together.  Maybe I will just put it in the Noveske build and grab another BCG when I see a good price.

So, I have the LMT BCG,  Noveske Barrel, Vltor Upper Receiver, Stag Lower and LPK, LMT charging handle and a grip from Magpul.  I still need front rails (Daniel Defense), flash hider, stock (probably Magpul), BUIS (Troy).....and I can put on a sight later.  Am I missing anything?  Any suggestions compared to what I think I may buy?

Thanks

Sounds like a good plan to me...  I'd suggest checking out the FSC556 in terms of flash hiders if you're not set on anything else yet (my preference, and that of a few more around here certainly). Also, in terms of stocks - I have a very similar build and you're probably going to want to go with something sorta on the heavyish side for balance. UBR would be perfect (good luck finding one...), maybe the new ACS when it's out... or the Vltor Emod, which i chose on mine and I dig it...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:41:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Sounds like a good plan to me...  I'd suggest checking out the FSC556 in terms of flash hiders if you're not set on anything else yet (my preference, and that of a few more around here certainly). Also, in terms of stocks - I have a very similar build and you're probably going to want to go with something sorta on the heavyish side for balance. UBR would be perfect (good luck finding one...), maybe the new ACS when it's out... or the Vltor Emod, which i chose on mine and I dig it...

Thanks, I will check out the flash hiders.  Is the Emod the same as the Vltor Carbine Modstock?  I am guessing not, since it only costs $94.  I added up the parts I already purchased and what I want to buy, and it is coming to over $1,600.  Then I got to thinking that the Colt 6940 can be had for $1,500 .....I guess my build will have everything mil-spec or better.  Better in terms of the Vltor Upper, Noveske Barrel, Troy front and rear sights, Magpul grips, and LMT charging handle.  I suppose that's the point about building how you want it, you buy what you want instead of taking what you get from the factory.  Also good is that I have not purchased anything for more than list price.  I have taken my time over two months to get the parts, not too bad considering the upper, BCG and barrel are hard to come by these days.  Now I just need to put the stuff toghether when I get it

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top