Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:28:54 PM EDT
Do any of the quick disconnect scope mounts, such as LaRue and others, leave wear marks on the receiver rail?  Not sure how these work to clamp against the receiver.

- Phil
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the La rue will leave marks while the ARMS will not.  Also the scope mounts that clamp on like the carry handle will not leave marks.  Examples of those are Armalite, RRA.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as you follow the directions my LaRue mounts do not leave any wear marks and keep thier zero after multiple removals.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As long as you follow the directions my LaRue mounts do not leave any wear marks and keep thier zero after multiple removals.

i know this. one gun is to big to fit in with the others. scope goes on top shelf. never had marking/ loss of zero.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This has been my experience.  Proper adjustment of the LaRue mount is key.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a GG&G throw lever on my Eotech 552 and a GG&G Scout Rail (throw lever) for my .308.  The flat preload spring allows for variability in rail dimensions, and it's always re-zeroed within 1/2".  There is no wear because it's just clamping contact on the rail.  Throw levers can be adjusted with no tools to fit any rail, just pull and turn the throw lever til it fits properly, then lock down.  Only "quality" throw levers i've used, besides a Larue light mount that works, but DOES rub the rail slightly and requires tools for adjustment.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top