Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2009 1:42:31 PM EDT
Denny's guns/gts
I just ordered one approx. 1 minute ago.

GTS/DENNYS GUNS SUPER DUTY BOLT CARRIER GROUP M16
<< Previous in Bolts and Carriers Next in Bolts and Carriers >>

View More Images  Your Price: $160.00
Item Number: SDBCGM16
Manufacturer: GTS/Dennys Guns
Quantity:
* Whole number only
Add to a new shopping list

Email this page to a friend  
The SUPER DUTY BOLT CARRIER GROUP is built by hand by me from the finest components for those individulsl who want a drop in Bolt Carrier Group that exhibits the highest level of reliability.

The components used are as follows:
YOUNG MANUFACTURING M16 MILSPEC PARKED BOLT CARRIER. INTERNALLY CHROMED

YOUNG MFG INTERNALLY CHROMED GAS  KEY
GRADE 8 GAS KEY SCREWS

CMT MILSPEC FIRING PIN

CMT MILSPEC CAM PIN.  MOLY PLATED

CMT FIRING PIN RETAINING SPLIT PIN

CMT "CM" MARKED MPI BOLT COMPLETE

SHOT PEENED EXTRACTOR

CHROME SILICON EXTRACTOR SPRING

BRAVO CO.CORRECT DUROMETER BLACK BUMPER

BRAVO COMPANY 4 COIL EXTRA STRENGTH CHROME SILICON EXTRACTOR SPRING

The bolt carriers are shipped stripped. They are assembled by me personally. I check the keys on our granite block to make sure they are flat and true. I then de-grease the keys, screws and the mounting area on the bolt carrier.

Red Locktite is then applied to the bottom of the carrier key to insure a perfect gas seal. Red Locktite is then applied to the cap screws. The carrier key is then put in place and the screws are properly torqued tight.

The next step is to side stake the bolt carrier key. After staking the top of the key is peened to remove any burrs that may have occured in the staking process.

The ejector is removed so the factory ejector spring can be replaced with the Chrome Silicon ejector spring and the extractor reinstalled.

The final step before reassembly of the bolt is to install the Chrome Silicon extractor spring, black bumper and then replace the upgraded extractor assembly into the bolt.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!

...now lets see how long they will last.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
One and only bump.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw that too, but  I just grabbed a BCM about a week ago.  

Still very tempted.  It's just my hang-up, but I wish he didn't use red Loctite.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
They've been in stock for a while, for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Actually, they haven't been in stock for very long at all.  I check almost every day.  They have been out for several weeks and in today.  Are you stating that the BCGs from Denny's are no good?  Please specify why.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
PK also has them in stock now, Mil-Spec M16 Bolt Group Assembly, very high quality with MP tested bolt.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, they haven't been in stock for very long at all.  I check almost every day.  They have been out for several weeks and in today.  Are you stating that the BCGs from Denny's are no good?  Please specify why.

tag for answer.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

tag for answer.

Anybody care to answer?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

tag for answer.

Anybody care to answer?

Probably not going to get one, unless it is to complain about the price bump across the board for BCGs.  It is a CMT/Bravo/Youngs hand-built franken bolt carrier group at a decent price from a reputable dealer.  I haven't seen a complete LMT M16 BCG or Bravo BCG available for about 8 months now, and the BCMs have gone up in price, too.  Denny has put together what looks like a quality, well thought out, BCG at a fair price.  At least you know where the parts are coming from instead of a generic "High Quality MP Tested Bolt" ad.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

tag for answer.

Anybody care to answer?

Probably not going to get one, unless it is to complain about the price bump across the board for BCGs.  It is a CMT/Bravo/Youngs hand-built franken bolt carrier group at a decent price from a reputable dealer.  I haven't seen a complete LMT M16 BCG or Bravo BCG available for about 8 months now, and the BCMs have gone up in price, too.  Denny has put together what looks like a quality, well thought out, BCG at a fair price.  At least you know where the parts are coming from instead of a generic "High Quality MP Tested Bolt" ad.

+1 Denny gives you all the info on these..  Nothing to wonder about.  I'm running two super duty BCGs right now.  Flawless thus far.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top