Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2009 2:07:31 PM EDT
My eyes are not as good as they once were ( never were 20-20 ) .  But I can not find any marking on the 2 Midway barrels I bought ?  Where should I start out looking ?  forward of the HG , I would think ?

God bless
Wyr
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Some barrels are marked in front of the fsb and some are marked under the handguards. ymmv
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same barrel did you find the marking? If so where.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi all,

I received my Model 1 Sales 16" heavy chrome moly barrel with A2 style front sight post via Midway USA on Friday, and like what appears to be other customers I'm at a loss to find any markings of any kind anywhere on the barrel.

I've posted a topic asking the question along with some others who appear to be receiving barrels with no markings. Replies have been kind and thoughtful yet I think we might be looking for markings that do not exist.

Is it leagal to manufacture a barrel ready to install without any kind of gunsmithing and not mark it with caliber, twist, maker, something???
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know if this will help,but my 20in. barrel from Model 1 Sales in7.62x39 has the markings on top side of barrel about 1.5 inchs in front of front sight assembly. Good Luck . P.S., It was hard to see, I used a flashlight.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Not all barrels are marked. So you may be SOL if you don't know what the maker chambered it in.

You can always make a chamber cast and measure it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I would never buy a barrel that wasn't marked. Who knows if its made in China or Korea. What kind of good company doesn't mark the barrel. That's just me though as I stick with standard barrels from Colt, Bush or mil spec companies.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top