Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2009 7:40:40 AM EDT
I am new to AR15's and this is my first post to AR15.COM.
I am in the middle of my first AR build. I am putting together an A3 flat top for short and long range taget. I want to use flip-up sights for short and a scope for long. I am up to the iron sights and the budget is almost wiped out. looking around I see that the MI (Midwest Ind) has a nice line of flip ups at a good price. has anyone used them and what do you think of them? Also does anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks   Joe
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
My first choice in sights.
Bought another type also but prefer the MI.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am in the middle of my first AR build. I am putting together an A3 flat top for short and long range taget. I want to use flip-up sights for short and a scope for long. I am up to the iron sights and the budget is almost wiped out. looking around I see that the MI (Midwest Ind) has a nice line of flip ups at a good price. has anyone used them and what do you think of them? Also does anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks   Joe

Have used both the standard ERS and the low profile version.  Especially for the money, you will be very satisfied.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

MI are nice but... I just bought a MBUS (magpul back up sights) set and love them!  They're priced at less then $100 for both and they function flawlessly. They're new so they may be hard to find but well worth it.  If you need help finding them IM me and I'll help you out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the MI on one carbine and Troy on another. In my opinion Troy is the better sight but MI is a very good value. I don't think you would be disappointed with one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the MBUS, they are sweet too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top