Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 12:08:15 PM EDT
I am installing a Magpul UBR on a LaRue Billet lower and i don't want to screw up.
Magpul instructions say to tighten buffer tube to 35-39 ft lbs.

Question #1 What if i do not have a torque wrench, is there a tip so I can tighten without one?

Question #2 I have a Snap On torque wrench that goes from 30-140 ft lbs. that i use on my tractor, will this be OK?

Question #3 What if i do not have an armorers wrench, will any thing else work?

Thanks a whole lot
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Q#2- Yes.

Q#3- Crescent wrench  + blue liquid loctite and a solid twist of the wrist will do probably better than you need.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
i just installed a ubr on my sig 556.

#1-i used the built in torque wrench in my right arm.

#2-that will work fine if you have an armorers wrench.

#3-i believe it was a 5/8" open end wrench i used,or you could use a cresant wrench.

a socket will not fit the buffer tube so you can't use a socket with your torque wrench.

don't think to much about it and just install it.you'll see how easy it really is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Just put a crows foot on your snap on, it will work great.
Like was said its really easy.
If you can build with leggo's you can assemble ar15's.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top