Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:47:21 AM EDT

I ordered a LPK from what I think is a reputable company.  They said it was a DPMS kit.  The kit has no writings/marking on the bag.  Whatchathink?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Inspect the parts and see if you can find anything wrong with them.

So many people selling parts kits are just re-packaging the parts from another company.  There are some considered better than others and opinions vary on that.  As well, with shortages for the LPK's right now, companies may be switching suppliers are getting the parts anywhere you can find them.

DPMS is one that people comment poorly and well on, seems like they are hit or miss, maybe they switch suppliers and get parts wherever they can find them.  The package NOT showing any identifying marks is also suspicious its just a collection of parts from anywhere.

Given the current climate, unless you paid an extremely high price, you might want to just check the parts for any imperfections and if they look good use them, replace any bad parts later when the panic dies down.  LPK's are hard to find.  OR you could sell it on Gunbroker.com and probably make a profit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I ordered a LPK from what I think is a reputable company.  They said it was a DPMS kit.  The kit has no writings/marking on the bag.  Whatchathink?

DPMS lpks come in vacuum formed clear plastic with cardboard backing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
+1

Not usually a big fan of DPMS......but...lately I have assembled 4 Sabre lowers with DMPS LPKs and they went together okey dokey.

They are, as in the above post, in a rather nice retail display package.

Bill

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually DPMS lpk come two different ways. Some are in bags and some are clamshelled. Just check their website. They have both listed. Of course both are out of stock.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top