Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 5:09:56 PM EDT
How does one go about selecting a stripped lower for a build? What makes one more desireable than another? I recently posted a question about Coastal Gun lowers to find out that they are made by another company. Is it a quality issue as much as a cool looking logo choice? I have read about some issues of uppers and lowers not fitting properly so should I stick with the same manufacturer? I am sure availability comes into play also.

Ultimately my goal is an AR with a 556 upper as well as a 22lr upper. What are some of your opinions?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Avoid Hesse/Vulcan. Make your choice based on the combination of the coolest logo and the cheapest price.

Exact differences can be found here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=318113
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've gone with companies who have a good track record.  Rock River, you can't go wrong with.  I do think there are those who go for cool logos...hey if that's your thing, then why not.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Avoid Hesse/Vulcan. Make your choice based on the combination of the coolest logo and the cheapest price.

Exact differences can be found here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=318113

This.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Lots of brands are "CMT" - I went with STAG.  There's other good CMT lowers, so it's all good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 Avoid Hesse/Vulcan. But anyone that is avaible will do they are all good i have used a lot of different ones and have not and a problem.ESSENTIAL ARMS  is the best deal going now but it takes a little time to get ahold of them but its worth it. Mike
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Only the user can decide what lower they want. It's an individual decision making process.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top