Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2009 9:11:15 AM EDT
I am trying to attach a Mil-Spec buttstock (Standard 6 position adj. from Del-Ton kit) to my Spikes Tactical lower.

The further I screw it in the tighter it gets. It completely stops 2 or 3 rotations from being far enough to hold the  buffer retainer down. I don't think it should be this tight, anybody have any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for burrs first. Try some lube on the threads. The finish on the receiver could be built up slightly in the threads and clogging the threads as you screw it on. Just work it back and forth a few times to unclog the threads if this is what is happening. If that doesn't work then one or the other may have bad threads.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see or feel any burrs. I lubed, cleaned, then screwed it on and off several times with no luck. If my lower has bad threads I am going to be pretty pissed off, although I am not too happy either way.

Anybody have any other ideas? I really don't want to have to replace either of these...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:57:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I could not get my Del-Ton buttstock to work  so I had to go buy a new one. Thanks to the guys at Military Gun Supply I got it together.

Thanks for the help.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top