Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2008 2:31:53 AM EDT
I am picking out the pieces for my first AR build. Going to be ordering a kit from delton, but they do not have the foregrip option I would like. A rifle length YHM diamond quad rail.

How hard is it to remove a FF dpms tube, or a standard guard to replace it?

Or would it be best to go with none, and put it on when I get it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I plan on not getting a standard front site, just because I plan on covering the gas block anyway. Delton offers a specter gas block option, which is what I would need for a hidden gas block anyway, and is 2 piece gas block, so it's easier to remove.

And with the tube longer than the gas block, I will have a longer sight radius with buis.
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Cotact Del Ton and tell them exactly what you want in your kit. I wanted/needed a 11.5" barrel for a friend's build I was putting together for him and although they don't advertise an 11.5" rifle kit, they did it for me without any hassles. I am sure they will do the same for you if you want a different rail/etc.
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I was pretty sure they would give me a rifle length fore grip. But I don't think they carry the yhm one I want. It's the new style.

Link to yhm:
http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/product439.html

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was pretty sure they would give me a rifle length fore grip. But I don't think they carry the yhm one I want. It's the new style.

Link to yhm:
http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/product439.html

Why not call them and ask? We can't answer what DelTon carries. They are only a phone call away.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top