Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2008 2:17:17 PM EDT
For starters, I already have a Colt 6920 and a Krebs AK that are my dedicated 5.56 and 7.62 shooters, respectively.  My next project is building up a top-quality stripped lower for swapping other-calibers uppers such as .50 Beowulf, 6.8, etc.

(1) Do I need a Multi lower such as Stag, MEGA or POF Billet, or will a Noveske 5.56 lower function just as well for these >5.56 calibers?

(2) Are there any legal issues (particularly federal) if using a non-5.56 upper with a 5.56 lower?  (The reason I ask this is that a salesperson seemed to think there was.)

(3) Do Multi lowers use the same LPK and trigger groups as the 5.56 lowers, if I go the Multi lower route?

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
(1) Do I need a Multi lower such as Stag, MEGA or POF Billet, or will a Noveske 5.56 lower function just as well for these >5.56 calibers?

No, aside from the rollmark they are the same.  

(2) Are there any legal issues (particularly federal) if using a non-5.56 upper with a 5.56 lower?  (The reason I ask this is that a salesperson seemed to think there was.)

No, your 5.56 lower is fine.

(3) Do Multi lowers use the same LPK and trigger groups as the 5.56 lowers, if I go the Multi lower route?

Yes, same lower receiver dimensions, same LPK.

ETA - Welcome to the boards.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are doing a top quality lower build I recommend the slr15 lower.  There is a group buy on until the end of the month.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Interesting screen name...

Welcome! And see 2 above for all your answers. He's got them exactly right.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Noveske N4 stripped lower en route.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top