Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2008 6:34:17 AM EDT
I am looking for a company/someone to engrave retro-looking markings on my blank/unmarked 80% receiver.  Anyone know of someone to do this to match the early stlye markings?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Try contacting Ryan at Orion Arms [email protected].  They took over the engraving for the Tom Sawyer lowers.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get your 80% lower and what is left to make it complete?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link to Orion, I'll give them a call.

I got mine from AR15plus.com.  https://www.vbd.com/noc/shop/default.asp

I am not really thrilled about the quality but everyone else is out of stock of them at the moment.

They have instructions on the website on how to complete it but basically you just have to drill the holes and ream/thread the buffer tube ring.  The jig makes it MUCH easier but theirs is too expensive.  CNC Gunsmithing has a cheaper and better jig.  http://www.cncguns.com/tooling.html

This whole process is a little more expensive than just buying a stripped lower but I wanted to make an unmarked, partial fence lower and that is the only way to do it currently (without heliarcing or TIG welding).

Now I just need to get repro markings engraved on it and I will be a happy man......
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Ryan at Orion has not responded with a price, anyone else have another alternative?

Thanks,

Mil-Surp
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Try anvil arms,  they will engrave a lower for free if you buy it from them, but they also offer the service seperate.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the lead, I tried Anvil Arms but they will only mark the RIGHT side of the receiver and it is not "engraved" or recessed but laser burned onto the surface.

I am looking for actual engraving like Orion Arms does.  I just wish Ryan would email me back.....

Thanks again for the response.

Mil-Surp
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
Thanks for the lead, I tried Anvil Arms but they will only mark the RIGHT side of the receiver and it is not "engraved" or recessed but laser burned onto the surface.

I am looking for actual engraving like Orion Arms does.  I just wish Ryan would email me back.....

Mil-Surp

Good luck. If you hear from him, ask him to reply to me as well, because I've given up on them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mil-Surp

Good luck. If you hear from him, ask him to reply to me as well, because I've given up on them.

Call them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
"Call them"

It's not that easy, they don't list a phone number on their website.  They just have the statement "For fastest service please email us".

Do you have a number for them?

Mil-Surp
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top