Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2008 2:37:20 PM EDT
Mine broke tonight after shooting a few hundred SS109's. Here is a pic. My question is. I would like to know if there is a difference in Semi and Full Auto bolts. I know the carriers are different but would like to make sure I don't get the wrong one.

My broken bolt
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats not good

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mine broke tonight after shooting a few hundred SS109's. Here is a pic. My question is. I would like to know if there is a difference in Semi and Full Auto bolts. I know the carriers are different but would like to make sure I don't get the wrong one.

My broken bolt

wow thats a bummer. what brand and where did it come from?

i do think semi and auto bolts are the same. Quib would know if different.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure on what brand it was. I bought a old PWA and it was in it. So BravoCompany makes a good bolt? I guess I will be looking for the one that takes the best beating. Thanks again everyone.

Jess
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Breaking across the cam pin hole is pretty classic. I'm using a Fulton bolt that lasted for several thousand rounds.

www.fulton-armory.com/M6Parts3.htm#UpperParts

Get 2 as they do fail. BSW
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Top of the page:
www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_items.aspx?type=0&term=52

MPI tested, shot peened, all the good stuff.

I am not entirely sure if this is true but I believe Bravo Co. uses CMT MPI'ed bolts in their BCG's. I have both and the markings on both are identical. Both have an engraved CM marking and both have the same MP marking.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top