Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:20:21 PM EDT
I just finished a M4 build and I am looking for a nice rear sight. The rifle has a flat top upper with nothing on it yet and I would love to take it to the range. I do plan on getting a Eotech later on down the road. What would be the best rear sight for this setup? Also who has the best price for them? I have been looking at the MI rear sights and am not sure which of the 2 would be better.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want flip-up sights, the Troy Industries seem to get the best reviews. I am using the A.R.M.S. #40-L, they are low profile and will allow a scope to clear them. If you do not need flip-up/folding sights, the LaRue BUIS is very heavy duty unit and features The LaRue quick-detach system. LaRue also offers the Troy industries set consisting of a front flip up and rear flip up, however this wouldn't be necessary unless you had a rail system that omitted the standard front sight block.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
ARMS 40L-P or Troy Industries.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ARMS 40L-P or Troy Industries.

Either of those.  I have both.  I am now leaning more and more towards the Troy product, but there's definitely nothing wrong with the ARMS 40L-P...
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The troy costs a little more, but is well worth the extra cost.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm curious. In what regard is it well worth it? IS it more robust? Offer features that the ARMS 40L doesn't?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just finished a M4 build and I am looking for a nice rear sight. The rifle has a flat top upper with nothing on it yet and I would love to take it to the range. I do plan on getting a Eotech later on down the road. What would be the best rear sight for this setup? Also who has the best price for them? I have been looking at the MI rear sights and am not sure which of the 2 would be better.

You may want to CW the sights with your later addition of the Eotech.  Its just a thought,  make sure that if thats what you want to do that your Backup sights will allow that.  I like the MI rear sights but I have never used an Eotech.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm curious. In what regard is it well worth it? IS it more robust? Offer features that the ARMS 40L doesn't?

Similarly robust, and yes...
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Never mind
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top