Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 4:26:22 PM EDT
Has anyone disassembled a Cav Arms lower receiver?  Unlike standard aluminum lowers, the grip cannot be removed to remove the selector spring & detent.  Without removing the spring & detent, how do you remove the selector?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard you could put the safety at about a 45 degree angle so the detent would be out of it's deepest groove, and tap it out.  I tried this & broke the inside of my receiver - so I obviously don't recommend it.

In their Industry section, I believe someone wrote in & instructed others to bevel this area of the safety so it would come out easier. Obviously a proactive, rather than retroactive solution.

If you send it back to them, they will do it for you. I highly recommend this route. I think they must have a magician, or a really powerfull electromagnet to help them get the little suckers out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top