Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2008 12:14:14 PM EDT
I've got an M4 barrel with a 1:7 twist and the rails.

Am I correct that I will need an upper assembly, forward assist, a bolt carrier and charging handle to complete the upper?

Also, concerning parts, if parts are parts as I have read, what is the most inexpensive brand that I can buy and still get quality?

On the opposite spectrum, if I wanted to go with the best quality parts, would that be Rock River?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've got an M4 barrel with a 1:7 twist and the rails.

Am I correct that I will need an upper assembly, forward assist, a bolt carrier and charging handle to complete the upper?

Also, concerning parts, if parts are parts as I have read, what is the most inexpensive brand that I can buy and still get quality?

On the opposite spectrum, if I wanted to go with the best quality parts, would that be Rock River?

Thanks for the help in advance.

You will also need a bolt and firing pin to go with that bolt carrier

And a carbine length gas tube w/ roll pin...

And depending on the type of rails, you may need a delta ring assembly as well.

- AG
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
For a stripped upper you will need the forward assist, BCG, CH, and dust cover. If you dont already have a bolt for that barrel, you may consider getting a headspace gauge or some go/no go gauges.

Cheap but good: RRA, Bushy, Oly, DPMS.

BEST:Colt, LMT, Stag, BCM
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top