Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:39:06 PM EDT
Hiya,

I got a Vltor Emod stock going on to my bushmaster buffer tube.  

It was a tight fit going on and I think i pushed it a little too much.  Now if won't slid at all.

I was pretty sure they were the same size (both mil or both commercial)

but I guess I am wrong.

Its Chilling in the freezer now, hopefully the metal tube will contract a little more than the plastic stock and I can separate it.  

Any other tips for getting them apart?

adam
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that Vltor stocks are all mil-spec, and Bushmaster uses commercial buffer tubes.

Keeping working on it.  It will come off.  Maybe have someone else hold the rifle, while you pull on the stock.  Make sure you have a soft place to fall back on.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah I just got it back off.

What a pain in the Buttacle area.

Chilled it in the freezer for 15 min,

Then opened up the trap door on the back of the emod where the butt pad is, and used a dowel to tap it out.

I least I get to buy more stuff now..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]
VLTOR Emod stocks are available for both tube configs:

www.vltor.com/emod.htm

Nominal tube measurements are:
Mil-spec - 1.15"
Commercial - 1.17"
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top