Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:32:29 AM EDT
OK, I'm thinking of having KKF build a 5.45x39 upper for me.

It will have the M9Evo gas piston system in it.

All I have right now is the complete LOWER and a 5.45x39 barrel (chrome lined) that will be used.

I need an upper, some M4 handguards, bolt/carrier group, and a few other minor parts.

Questions:

1 - Since I'll be using mostly corrosive ammo, will it be an advantage if I get a chrome carrier and bolt and firing pin (basically, almost everything I can get chrome in the upper, get it)?  Since I'll be getting the gas piston modification, would it really behoove me to get the chrome items in the upper?

2 - KKF either modifies (opens up) an existing bolt or uses unmodified 6.8mm bolts - if I need to go chrome, does anyone make 6.8mm chrome bolts?

3 - Anyone tested out/used the new C-Products 5.45x39 mags yet?  I'd rather buy them for $20 than $35-$40 HK mags and then have to spend more modifying them with 6.8mm followers.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
the lure of cheap ammo. I spray with windex than use brakleen right after shooting ,than clean and oil at home. I have used this method for years on my milsurp rifles and AK's. never wanted am AR in 5.45x39 . the Bulgy AK I have in 5.45x39 has not had a problem with the Rusky 7n6 cleaning this way .
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK, I'm thinking of having KKF build a 5.45x39 upper for me.

It will have the M9Evo gas piston system in it.

All I have right now is the complete LOWER and a 5.45x39 barrel (chrome lined) that will be used.

I need an upper, some M4 handguards, bolt/carrier group, and a few other minor parts.

Questions:

1 - Since I'll be using mostly corrosive ammo, will it be an advantage if I get a chrome carrier and bolt and firing pin (basically, almost everything I can get chrome in the upper, get it)?  Since I'll be getting the gas piston modification, would it really behoove me to get the chrome items in the upper?

2 - KKF either modifies (opens up) an existing bolt or uses unmodified 6.8mm bolts - if I need to go chrome, does anyone make 6.8mm chrome bolts?

3 - Anyone tested out/used the new C-Products 5.45x39 mags yet?  I'd rather buy them for $20 than $35-$40 HK mags and then have to spend more modifying them with 6.8mm followers.

As far chrome bolts there nice but not necessary even with that ammo just use soap & water after shooting the rifle, and of course some oil as well would be good.

But if you really want one go ahead and get it because it still has it's benefits.

This link is from a guy testing those magazines I had just read it a while ago looking for something on P-mags.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=378103

Hope it all works out for you ---As I would like to have one as well with all that cheap ammo out there.

Best,

yls
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top