Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:07:50 AM EDT
Hello, I just aquired a A1 upper assembly, with, of course, the original style rear sight. My problem is, I can push the sight, from left to right, for a distance. It looks like the wheel was miss drilled, so it does not sit tuight against the handle...but then again, maybe thats by design. I cant seem to find any information about parts for, diagrams of, adjustment of, ETC these original rear sights, can you folks help?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I ended up buying a washer, and placing it between the wheel and handle, so no lateral movement now. Honestly, to me, it moved quite a bit. My next question ion a1 uppers; how sloppy should the front sight be? I can wiggle it around pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats, you fixed a non problem.  Quib has some nice TMs posted online here.  Looks like you need to get the 23&P and read it.  This will cover what is considered serviceable and what needs replacement.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Congrats, you fixed a non problem.  Quib has some nice TMs posted online here.  Looks like you need to get the 23&P and read it.  This will cover what is considered serviceable and what needs replacement.

Heck, if he wants to rub the finish off the right side of his upper, under the wheel, who are we to tell him "don't do it".
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I've come across a dozen or so that had a lot of play between the wheel and the side of the receiver. To many low bidder contract parts I guess.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the 23&p, my good man? Plus, whats alittle finnish removal between friends?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top