Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:11:01 AM EDT
My club has been trying to get a bunch of MEGA lowers delivered for a couple months. Anyone heard of problems with the company? We're getting kinda worried. Paid for them, but can't get them. No answers from MEGA.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm part of a group buy for some custom Mega lowers.  They are late and not responding to contact attempts.  Getting concerned.

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 8:53:47 AM EDT
[#2]
mega is a great company. Things just seem to take a long time in the gun buisness. They also have alot of other work. I dont know why you are having trouble contacting them, ive gotten ahold of them several times just by picking up the phone and calling.

Good luck,
Pat
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I just talked with Brian on the phone yesterday. He was sending me two lowers. THey went out on Thursday.

You have nothing to worry about with Mega. They are good, and they stand behind their product. Not the best at returning phone calls, but hey, somebodies gotta run the CNC machines, right?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, that would be nice if I was talking about a couple of lowers. My club PAID FOR a couple    DOZEN, a couple months ago, in a group purchase. They won't return our phone calls. They've got our money... I'd say that's a major customer service F-up!hinkSorry for the rant............  
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, that would be nice if I was talking about a couple of lowers. My club PAID FOR a couple    DOZEN, a couple months ago, in a group purchase. They won't return our phone calls. They've got our money... I'd say that's a major customer service F-up! I think next time we'll spend our thousands $$ somewhere else?
Sorry for the rant............  

What kind of cool club in mi?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Mega's main business is not making AR lowers.  From what I understand, that's a side job that they do when machinery would be otherwise idle.

Their main jobs are apparently in aerospace.

Did you order directly from Mega, or from a third party?  Mega doesn't sell to individuals (that I know of), perhaps the third party promised what it couldn't deliver on time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Our guy is dealing with Brian.  I'll try to get him in on this discussion.  Otherwise, it's third hand.

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I got this from the guy organizing the buy:

height=8
I spoke with Brian at Mega today. He said that as soon as he talks with Steve to get the FFL faxed over, he will be shipping out the lowers and uppers overnight.

Brian apologized for the late delivery and hopes to get us all setup with our order a soon as he can.

So, maybe the wait is over.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm... then maybe someday they'll get their uppers with m4 cuts out too.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#11]
They are sometimes backed up or tooled up for other things, but a Mega is worth the wait IMO.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
After a couple month wait, I hope so.........  MONTHS. I'll let ya know.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
MEGA makes very small runs of AR15 lowers, and only a couple months out of the year. Someone already correctly surmised that they are primarily tooled up for aerospace work - THAT is their main bread and butter, not making these lowers. Hence the high quality and, standing to reason, the high demand.

Paitience, everyone. You'll get your stuff, but if they have other contractual obligations to satisfy in the aerospace industry before they tool up to make the lowers, then you can bet your bacon thats what they are doing.

Their communication could be better I suppose, but someone else already hit it - "someone has to run the machines."
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
I've been dealing with Brian and Mega for a while now.  Never really had any problems.  Yeah things get delayed on occasion, but that's just business.  We just got some uppers in yesterday from him.

Great news!  I really like their stuff.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I managed to track down a recent set of uppers locally and I'm impressed with the fit.  I have 3 lowers with consecutive serial numbers in the 31XX range and one with a SN in the 16XX range.  The two new uppers I got today fit really tight on all 4 lowers, tight enough to not shake off the lowers when inverted with the TD pins out.  I'll post a picture once I get them hosted.

Those of you that end up with the newer uppers should be pleasantly suprised, match and fit are great in my opinion.

edit:

http://web.mac.com/supermarkus/iWeb/Site/AR-15%20Stuff_files/IMG_1433.jpg

No play between upper and lower.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
I got this from the guy organizing the buy:

height=8
I spoke with Brian at Mega today. He said that as soon as he talks with Steve to get the FFL faxed over, he will be shipping out the lowers and uppers overnight.

Brian apologized for the late delivery and hopes to get us all setup with our order a soon as he can.

So, maybe the wait is over.

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,, I guess notI'm really glad Brian is a good guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Mega is a great company.  The man to talk to is Brian but fyi he is usually extremely busy and he is the only guy overseeing the manufacturing of the rifle parts.  Call and ask to talk directly to him.  The ar market is going crazy right now and mega is really catching a hard time because they are predominantly aerospace oriented.  I spoke with brian yesterday and he indicated that mega is headed toward upsizing their arms manufacturing to meet demand.  He assured me that the quality would remain the same.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
Mega is a great company.  The man to talk to is Brian but fyi he is usually extremely busy and he is the only guy overseeing the manufacturing of the rifle parts.  Call and ask to talk directly to him.  The ar market is going crazy right now and mega is really catching a hard time because they are predominantly aerospace oriented.  I spoke with brian yesterday and he indicated that mega is headed toward upsizing their arms manufacturing to meet demand.  He assured me that the quality would remain the same.  

Let's hope they can scale up to meet demand and maintain the quality of the product.  I'm happy so far, except for being utterly broke and undecided on how to finish my build ;)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:

STILL waiting on MEGA (Brian). Checks in the mail, trust me, they've got our money. I guess they're too busy to bother with a couple dozen lowers for a Sportsman's club in Michigan. We're not aerospace or anything. After a couple more months, I should probably get a RRA lower, huh?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#20]
well brother, i would have to say that several months is a good long wait.  I am fairly certain that you will be waiting for at least that long on a lower from rra as well, but you've got to do what you've got to do.  I spoke with rra several days ago regarding an order for a customer and i was told that i would be lucky to receive the order within 4 months because they were several thousand guns behind.  I just hate to see anyone develop a bad opinion of mms or brian.  I suggest that you contact him and talk to him personally and see if you can straighten it out before you develop a sour opinion him or mms, and post it on a forum. MMS is a good company and just like any other, there will be some problems.  Brian is the only one operating the machinery and he stays busy.  I deal with him personally almost daily and im aware of all that he has going on.  I am not only going to get on here and bolster the credibility of mms and or brian as i have had delays on a couple of my orders but they have always been overly eager to please. In conclusion, try to contact him directly and let him iron out the problem and im sure he will represent mms in a satisfactory manner. god bless
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#21]
we in wash st. had some specialty lowers made. I wasnt around when we started, but the second batch took a while from what I understand. But I finally got one and it is a great lower.

Things take a while. It seems almost everyone is behind in their orders (supply vs. demand) and for a company like mega that does specialty orders, those can take a while.

That said, waiting sucks, but it seems to be the nature of things lately.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quoted:

STILL waiting on MEGA (Brian). Checks in the mail, trust me, they've got our money. I guess they're too busy to bother with a couple dozen lowers for a Sportsman's club in Michigan. We're not aerospace or anything. After a couple more months, I should probably get a RRA lower, huh?  

ROFL  RRA is far from a fast shipper on uppers or lowers if you order direct from them (unless your one lucky sob and catch them at the perfect time)
You must be new to ordering AR stuff. If you order something that isn't in stock expect to wait a while it sucks but thats the way it is.

If you need something RFN look around and find one in stock.......

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you get their standard lowers or did y'all have some customized for your club?  If you ordered customized lowers, then that's why you are still waiting.  

And that is why you paid up front.  This is the nature of thsi industry.  Expect to wait unless the supplier for whatever it is you are trying to buy has in front of them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top