Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:42:49 PM EDT
Anyone have a link on how to install an A1 rear sight assembly?  I recently purchased a removable A1 carry handle and just got the rear sight assembly.  Mechanically, I understand how it's supposed to go together, but I'm having a heck of a time.  Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep thats exactly how I'm putting it together. But the spring tension is high enough that I cant compress the sight down far enough to put the pin in place. Thinking about hitting that spring once or twice to take a little tension off.  Good idea or not?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Bad idea. If you dent the spring, your aperature will flop back and forth. Just get the unthreaded part of the screw into the hole on the other side of the carry handle. This will keep it in place while you summon your Super Twins Power strength as you push the screw down far enough for the threads to start.

Put a couple layers of duct tape on the end of a flat tip screwdriver and push down on the area in between the aperatures while you push the screw in enough to start the threads. It is freaking hard with a new spring installed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok I will try that.  See, this is why I come here. Admitting ignorance is the first step on the path to knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#5]
We know as much as we do because we all broke these parts already and learned the hard way. The smartest people are the ones who broke the most toys.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I got it all in, but damn it's stiff.  Will that stiffness go away or wear in? Right now it's very difficult to adjust the sight...
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Lightly lube everything.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top