Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2008 12:48:06 PM EDT
Probably a dumb question. I just got a new action block from Midway.  It is a Model 1 sales action block. Looks a little cheap.  Anybody use one?

I'm getting ready send some other items back to Midway and wondered what your opinions of this action block are.  If it sucks, I'll send it back with the other stuff.

I noticed it is cut out for a carry handle.  Is this block universal so it can be used for flat top uppers and carry handle type uppers too? I'm assuming it is.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought and used one a few weeks ago, it seems ok to me no problems with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm actually suprised at the quality. Yes, it works just fine on a flattop, just make sure you vice it upside down (hinges away from the vice spindle or facing up in other words) to get maximum pressure and use the BCG filler (make sure to close the ejection port door after insertion). I couldn't be happier with mine for the money.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done 3 re-barrel jobs on mine and it works great.   It will work fine with flat tops and carry handles.

It will not work with the DPMS lo-pro uppers though, but I dont think any of the clamshell type blocks will accommodate those.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks much fellas. I'll hang on to it and put it to work.

Appreciate it, PW
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Another bonus to this particular action block.
I just built 3 flat top AR's using this block and one of them I installed a Larue handguard.
With other action blocks you have to dremel out/relieve the face of the action block to make room for the anti-rotation device. I did not have to do that to this block.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
i've been using mine for over 5 years
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one too, good price considering you get 3 for 1.  Works great and doesn't damage the finish
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top