Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2008 6:52:44 PM EDT
OK guys, I have not finished my first build and I am collecting gear for my second build (somebody help me, please!!! I think I have contracted BRD!!!).
What do you guys think of the quality of Armalite LPK's? Where do they rank among the other manufacturers kits? I just bought one and have yet to see it...Thanks....<><....:)
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine.  It came in a nifty plastic box (looks like one of those soap boxes that goes in a suitcase to hold a bar of soap) that is OD with their logo on the outside.  I did get the kit with the tactical 2-stage trigger, though, so "normal" kits may not be like that.

Overall, it looks just like my DPMS and J&T LPKs except for the bolt hold open.  It has a weird design that is ridged all the way down, from the part you push to release the bolt at the top to the part you push in to hold it open at the bottom.  A normal one has a dip/notch in the middle, with ridges at the top and the bottom.  The Armalite one I got has no dip - flat with ridges all the way from top to bottom.  Other than that -works the same as a DPMS.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
top notch imo; best stock, single stage i've ran across also...finish wasnt as dark as the RRAs/Stags, etc
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Got 2 of them, one stock, and one w/2 stage trigger, couldn't ask for any better.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it is great.  That is what is in my lower.  I liked the fact that I could buy it without the trigger assy.  I wish I could buy it without the grip.  That said, the parts look great.  And I like the box!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I got two of 'em and their top notch.  Both single stage and they came in those Armalite marked boxes.  Their bolt catches look cool too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What do you guys think of the quality of Armalite LPK's?

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I got my nice green box of Armalite Lower Parts and they are everything you all said, they are great...Thanks again for the input and help, you were all right on the money....<><....:)
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 3:26:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm thinking about using the single stage trigger from an Armalite LPK on my second build. . .Can sosmeone tell me the weight of this trigger pull is?  Also, are there spring kits available to lighten a single stage pull?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top