Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2008 8:32:39 PM EDT
I bought my first ar15 part today a stripped lower DPMS for 119.00 plus tax from a local dealer, is that a good deal?  Also I have been reading alot of post around here to find out what it is I should buy to finish off the gun, any suggestions?   And the gun shop guy said he belives the lowers will be $500 in 2-3 years what do you guys think?  BTW I love this site I am so glad I found it!!!!!!!

Joe
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on your new purchase and enjoy the condition they call BRD.  That is a decent price for that lower.  I don't know about them costing so much in the future, that depends on a lot of things happening.  It is still a good investment though and with them so hard to find sometimes I am sure it will rise in value.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan to purchase as many ar lowers as possible before nov.  Regardless you will always be able to sell them and get your money back.  Its just a little insurance policy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Good price - especially from a local dealer.

What do you plan to build with it?

I'd recommend a complete kit for your first build - it gets you a gentle intro to building/assembly and you can enjoy your rifle right away for very little cost.

Once you have your first, you can build your next... and next... and next...

I just got my first kit last week, and have 4 more lowers on their way from Buds Gun shop.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q463/krazyskillz/SN850899.jpg

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q463/krazyskillz/SN850901.jpg

This is what i want to build errr aaah I did build I mean what you think only 620.00 total spent on project.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell us how much you spent once you can aim it .  Nice lookin rifle though.  Don't get crazy with the accessories and stuff until you get pleanty of trigger time, or else you will end up like me with tons of stuff I don't need on the EE here.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top