Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2008 1:31:23 PM EDT
I'm not sure where else to put this but, I have been trying to experiment for a little while with PVC pipe to launch golf balls or tennis balls or something.  I figure most people can't throw it far enough to actually get a decent challenge out of it, so why not build a pvc pipe launcher.  I think it would be cool to make a little project discussion to see if anyone else has tried to make some form of a target launcher.  Otherwise it would be cool to have people drop in ideas for launchable targets or target launchers, and like I said, get a little discussion together.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Personally, I was looking through my hardware store for a reasonable spring, with a pvc pipe.  I could have a system like a cross bow to either pull the cocking lever back or, to push it down towards the ground to cock.  Then have some sort of pin or trigger mechanism to launch it.  Well thats at least what I have been playing with.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Build a potato gun (millions of google instructions) and make it air powered or aerosol powered.  

Or just get a 3 person water balloon launcher and hook up the two ends to posts.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Build a potato gun (millions of google instructions) and make it air powered or aerosol powered.  

Or just get a 3 person water balloon launcher and hook up the two ends to posts.

+1
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2006/fore/index.asp
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Clay pigeon target throwers work

less than 10 cents a pigeon and a little over 20 bucks for a thrower.

Granted you don't get the fun of making or using a spud gun but it does work.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2006/fore/index.asp

God I don't need one of those...

Quoted:
Clay pigeon target throwers work

less than 10 cents a pigeon and a little over 20 bucks for a thrower.

Granted you don't get the fun of making or using a spud gun but it does work.

I really hope your not suggesting to shoot clay pigeons out of the air w/ a rifle...
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#6]
"I really hope your not suggesting to shoot clay pigeons out of the air w/ a rifle..."

Pull!
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"I really hope your not suggesting to shoot clay pigeons out of the air w/ a rifle..."

Pull!

You mean like this?  

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#8]
thats fine, but you would have to be careful not to shoot to high if you were near any kind of civilization
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
thats fine, but you would have to be careful not to shoot to high if you were near any kind of civilization

I thought about including an explanation.  I guess I should have.  

In the direction of bullet flight there is not another structure  or road of any kind for seven miles from my buddies home.

It has been raining almost continually for three days.

So no danger of hitting anyone or starting any fires.

What I didn't get pictures of was full magazines bumpfired over the trees at midnight.....  
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
a 2 liter bottle or 20oz bottle fits really well over a 1/2in pice of pvc pipe

just fill the bottle with a little bit of water then put a nipple on the pvc pipe and have fun if you want pics i can try to find some of my launchers
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#11]
golf club?
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#12]
As a veteran spudgunner I'll comment that you can get some pretty impressive range from them and set them up for firing a variety of projectiles such as golf balls/tennis balls/potatos obviously/along with some other larger bore fun  

Just to be noted though...they are illegal in a lot of towns and the police do not take too kindly to them...

Link Posted: 4/8/2008 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Spudguns are awesome. I was in complete shock the first time I saw one fired. When I was told about a spud gun, I thought of a spud being launched somthing like 100 feet at best. First time seeing it, I almost pissed myself. lol
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to build this...any comments?

www.soakermedia.net/water_balloon_launcher.php
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What I didn't get pictures of was full magazines bumpfired over the trees at midnight.....  

You are a brave man...personally I wouldn't break the 3rd law because I would expect Murphy to step in with a hiker.  But that's me AND I don't know your AO.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I am pretty sure someone is marketing a gizmo that screws onto the end of a rifle (SKS?)  and launches golf ball useing blank cartridges. Can't remember  where I saw it but I am sure if you google it you can find it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
I am pretty sure someone is marketing a gizmo that screws onto the end of a rifle (SKS?)  and launches golf ball useing blank cartridges. Can't remember  where I saw it but I am sure if you google it you can find it.

CheaperThanDirt has them in their catalog
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CheaperThanDirt has them in their catalog

www.cheaperthandirt.com/videos/100_4016.mov

www.cheaperthandirt.com/itemfind.asp
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top